SRS BREAKUP: did he mean it?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by lost04, May 12, 2009.

1. lost04

lost04 justme

WE WERE CHATTING AND THIS IS HIS LAST LINE TO ME

manish
    : i cant believe either we ended this way...but believe me or not...u wanted me to say it...n i did it.......have a wonderful life ahead.....

Does that mean he only said let's be friends cuz he thought that's what I wanted to hear, and he didn't really mean it? I'm sorry.. my mind is not straight right now.. please help.

2. zzaldyy

zzaldyy OT Supporter

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (oh god im not good w/ computer: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; PPC; 240x400) Opera VZW:SCH-i910)

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  3. 7960

7960 New Member

there's a much better way to get this answer than to ask 10,000 people who don't know either of you or what led up to his saying that.

but ignoring that, he meant it. if he really gave a shit about you, even for a break-up, he would have had the balls to do it to your face. move on, find someone who cares enough about you to NOT break up through chat.

4. amac88

amac88 New Member

Little 14 year olds break up on IM and chat, real men/women do it face to face and move on.

5. Abomb

Abomb New Member

/thread

6. this...
    if anything though, call the guy, but i'd ditch him and move on if possible.

7. Sgt. Friday

Sgt. Friday Guest

joking or not, kick him to the curb. There are better men out there.

8. JadedFlower

JadedFlower New Member

Why would you even want to date anyone who breaks up with you or explains their reasoning online instead of in person?

9. lost04

lost04 justme

he breaks up with me online cuz it's our weekly thing... Our situation is very complicated. he's indian, i'm asian... it was never meant to be...
    After I posted this thread... I drove over to his place, and he told me he didn't mean it. and so we were ok again...
    but then just yesterday, i see that nothing's change,... he's still the same.. so we officially broke it off yesterday via phone... (it's hard for us to do it in person cuz he lives 1.5 hrs away).

It's so hard to let him go. Sometimes I regret telling him my true feelings because i feel that's what drove us apart. From the beginning, we agreed to not get close, because we knew it couldn't go anywhere because we're from two completely different worlds.

Yesterday, I spent the whole day thinking about him.. and today is no different... I miss him so much. i wish things were different. I feel like I'll never find someone like him again. But that's just sad talk. I know brighter days are to come... it's just going to take awhile. WIth that hope in hand, I am anxious for that day, that day when I will be able to remember him without feeling sad, the day when I will be happy, and able to genuinely smile at the thought of him. This is my goodbye to him that I wrote but will not send.. it is my closure.
    enjoy!

When I’m with him, or when I am by myself, I have thoughts of giving up everything for him. I often catch myself imagining what it would be like to be his wife, to be able to love and take care of him forever, to be the lady in his heart, and the constant in his life. As these silly thoughts cloud my mind, like they so often do, it draws a childish smile to my face, and an ineffable warmth and comfort to my soul.
    I am, by nature, a dreamer—a girl who sits and dreams of her prince, and of an untouchable love. My Manish, however, is a realist bounded by practicality. But as I write these thoughts, like him, I too am I realist. I am persuasive enough to convince myself that I can, and I will let him go. I am drawn to the belief that everything happens for a reason and that this is our fate. It is what’s best for us, no matter how much I want to believe different. I tell myself I should just be happy that I had him for the short while that I did. And I am. I am extremely happy and grateful to have had him in my life.
    Then there are those dark moments when the dreamer in me resurfaces, and I get so mad. So mad that he came into my life only to leave. So utterly mad that I cannot have him.
    But then I am reminded of what he taught me:
    Love is not a movie. Love is not selfish. It is not just about your happiness. It is about the happiness of all those around you.
    I never really understood that until I met him.
    While I believe that I am the best for him… I know that there’s someone out there better suited for him. And so I don’t expect him to show up at my door and proclaim his undying love for me. If he did love me it would be the greatest feeling in the world but I don't want him to. They say if you love someone, let them go. I love him. Love him enough to let him go. But I'm not sure I can let him go if he loves me too.
    He will forever be the only Punjabi boy for me. He is the first boy that I allowed into my heart. And for that, I have no regrets.
    I am not ashamed to say that I love you. Because I do; but it is a silent love that I will keep to myself.
    I wish you well.
    **maybe in another life, if I’m Brahmin, vegetarian, Hindu, and lucky enough… you’ll be mine and only mine. My sexy fair face, wheatish booty.
    Goodbye Manish Sharma.

10. 7960

7960 New Member

No, you aren't.

I don't understand this.

11. lost04

lost04 justme

it's a LONG story... we met in Sep 2008.
    Not a lot of people will understand our situation... and many people will call us dumb.. and we are... but this is what happened.. and i have no regrets.

He's Indian, and his parents will eventually arrange a marriage for him. I'm asian, and my parents are very traditional and made it clear how they felt if i ever married outside of my race.

So we both had an understanding, that if we were to date that it won't go anywhere. So we set a few rules: 1) NO love 2) Whatever we were, whatever we became, it would end in June 2009, when i graduated.

However, because I broke Rule #1, we terminated everything. So we are done.. But i Know, we will be very good friends. it's just going to take awhile.

12. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

I've gt news for you. You can't put rules on your emotions and say "I won' develop this emotion". Hell, the more you try to block it, the more likely it is to happen.

13. lost04

lost04 justme

i know......... my words bit me in the ass...
    i only set those rules because i knew i would get attached. but i also knew that if i didn't go through with us, i would always wonder what if. I felt a strong connections towards him from day one; it scared me, and even though i knew what the end result would be I secretly hoped for different.
    But it is what it is. i don't regret anything. I would do it all over in a heartbeat... even though it hurts so much right now.
    the good memories are all worth it. i'll always adore him.

14. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

I don't need to read any more :squint:

Walk away

15. 17%

17% New Member

what sort of 'asian tradition'?

east ?

or south east?

or pacific?

edit: i suck

Last edited: May 24, 2009
  16. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Sounds like his frustration and yours both were targeted at the restraints placed upon you by your families, not at each other.

So, I have to ask...you live in America, so why don't you just do whatever the hell you want and tell your families to shove it? The worst your parents can do to you is not give you their stuff when they die -- the law in the USA doesn't give them any more power than that.

17. beanolo

beanolo It does a body good!!!1

Seriously.

I'm asian and know what you mean by the "traditional" ways of thinking. However it's not the 50's anymore, it's 2009. You and Manish will be around longer than your parent's will be. They had their life and lived it the way they wanted to. No go live yours.

If you you both want to live a miserable life of your own to be sure your parent's are happy then so be it. But almost 90% of parent's (edit: that I'VE met and know) just want their kids to be happy in the end... so in most cases they WILL get over it.

18. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

Well said. I know it's easier said than done, especially from my perspective where I don't have pressures like that from my parents. But you need to live your own life and not let your parents make your choices for you. They made their own choices with their lives. You can do the same.