MMA breakthrough... (bjj related)

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by brolli, Feb 21, 2007.

1. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

so after bjj tonight I felt like a scientist who succeeded in his research project. Basically I examined every single position and rewinded to all of my matches against people who submitted me (especially in tournaments). For the longest time I couldn't pin point why or how it was happening. For the most part, I never had a problem getting my guard passed but rather the submissions would come from within my half guard or I would get swept from top of half guard and lose points. (These two positions seem critical to me at higher levels of competition). Anyways tonight I realized that in most of my positions I would not be aware of what two of my appendiges would be doing. We all have 2 arms, 2 legs, the head, and our hips. I would position my legs, hips, and one arm correctly and disregard the others and because I would still land moves on most training partners I would just keep on doing what I was doing. But people who had more experience than me were able to exploit the holes in this and attack my arm or get good posture. By finding the perfect place to put all 6 parts of my body in every position, it seems like all holes are removed, and even attempts at passing the guard are stuffed. Also my limbs were safe from the unorthodox armlocks/leglocks from the half guard and top of half guard and basically this opened up a world of opportunities against all opponents regardless of size. So yeah... just my post on breaking a plateau or whatever, hopefully this will help people not make the same mistakes that I made which stagnated my game even for a short while.

2. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

:bigthumb: its always good picking up things like that.

3. teep

teep New Member

Awesome. Haha you seem to have alot of these. I really need a breakthrough in my bjj.

4. Searcher

Searcher New Member

Right On.....After reading that I will try and keep in mind to remember what you said....