SRS Breaking up

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by macistaniMac, Nov 21, 2006.

1. macistaniMac

macistaniMac New Member

So, I've been going out with this girl for a little over 2 months, but we've known each other for a few years. Most of our friends are mutual (we hang out with the same people) and I do like her, and I don't want to hurt her...but I don't think that we're as good of a match as I originally thought.

History
    I always thought she was attractive and fun, and she is. We started going out and it was great at first. Really great, I kinda fell for her and she fell for me. We did the "I love you" thing and it started going downhill shortly after that.

She started wanting me to skip participating in events that I had been involved with for years, she wasn't happy about me joining the ARNG after college (which she knew was happening before we started going out), and she became jealous and kind of clingy.

It has to the point now where she gets upset and gives me what I can only describe as the sad puppy-dog eyes (the sad look, like I just told her I hated her) if I don't spend every night at her apartment. Here's the rub, I still care for her a lot and I don't want to hurt her. I also don't want to cause a major rift in our group of friends, but its become obvious that if I date someone -- I will need her to be much more independent and accepting of my life as is.

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

So you have broken up with her already? Or are you considering it? If you haven't done so already, you clearly need to....there is no reason for you to be with a woman who tries to manipulate you into doing every little thing she wants. If she's not going to put the time and effort to respect and support the things you like, why should you give her everything she wants? My guess is that if it were to keep going, she'd start getting upset if you went out with friends.

I know you care about her, but you need to break up with her. You're both adults, you'll get over it eventually.

She may have taken you saying "I love you" as meaning that you would do anything she wanted.