Breaking up with the GF

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Protoman, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Protoman

Protoman New Member

Hey guys, Im callin it quits with the girlfriend of 4 years. It was great until August when she started her senior year in college and wants to "live" it up like its her last year alive on this earth. She distanced herself( we live about 50 miles from each other as is, we would see each other almost every weekend) from me so Im assuming she is running around on me because her behavior is totally out of the norm. I Did my part in the relationship so I dont have any regrets, just got to move on.

Edit : Going to end things with her, she gave me the news 10/1/07 and she called me during the day yesterday 10/2/2007 crying and feeling ashamed of what she did. She was saying that she ruined the future, and she is sorry for everything, and she still cares/loves for me, and us. I have been cutting ties wit her ( facebook, myspace.. took down all the pictures and changed our status) but she hasnt done so, I feel that she doesnt want the world knowing what she has done or she is embarrased on who it is with.

Only 2 of her peers know what has been going on and the rest don't know about whats going on with this guy and he is in their group of friends ( she is in sorority thus big social network :greddy:), so I was telling her that if you are emabarrased about everything and him now good luck with that in the future.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  2. tqpolo

tqpolo ***** Platinum Member OT Supporter

Girls around 21-23 go crazy. Your words are exactly like mine when I told my ex. I asked her why are you living like you're running out of time? It's very typical. I don't know how long it'll take for them to be themselves again.

3. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

They truly do feel they are running out of time and want to live a little crazy before they believe they have to find a good marriage and settle down; its absurd, how some women wish to plan such things.

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Sounds like you are both insecure and now convincing yourself that she's cheating so you can get over her. Oh well :dunno: go ahead and do it, you'll most likely be happier.

5. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

It's not uncommon.

My ex got into her last 2 of college and out of nowhere wanted to completely change her lifestyle with new friends, much more drinking, clubbing, and partying, etc... and of course, that meant less time for me. And, when we were together, her phone was always blowing up.
    She went pretty heavy with the partying for a few months and then calmed down though.

Either way, in a 4 year relationship I think you owe it to each other to sit down and have a conversation about this. Express your thoughts/concerns to her and see what she has to say. It is hard when your s/o goes from wanting to spend every waking moment with you, to wanting to be at the latest party or with the newest friends instead.
    See what she has to say and let her know you are thinking it might be the end of the road for you two......
    Girls are strange; In high school they want the super-duper boyfriend that is with them 24/7, then in college they want their space and freedom to live life and party, and then after college they want to settle down and have a guy there 24/7 again that devotes themselves to them and loves them.

6. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I see where he is coming from though. As a guy, it is harder for a girl to understand our natural jealous tendencies. Who knows if she is really cheating, but when a girl that wants to spend all their time with you all the sudden wants more freedom to party it is natural for us to assume cheating.

I made the text-book mistake of getting insecure for this reason (one of the first times in my life) and accused my ex of cheating. Of course, she never cheated, but my mind kept trying to convince me that she did.
    I come to find that this situation is rather common... but still sad.

7. iwishyouwerebeer

Protoman, clear your PM box. I tried to respond back but it is full.

8. iwishyouwerebeer

He PMed me about what is happening and she has been cheating on him.

9. Durka Durka

Durka Durka Guest

it doesn't even matter if she's cheating or not, she's blowing you off all the time to begin with. dump.

10. Abomb

Abomb New Member

good for you. you avoided 5 bla........:O

11. iwishyouwerebeer

He's breaking up with her.
    /thread

12. Durka Durka

Durka Durka Guest

yay!

13. Chris90210

Chris90210 New Member

lol what is it with cheating gfs lately

14. iwishyouwerebeer

:dunno: Everyone on OT has cheating SO's

15. Chris90210

Chris90210 New Member

well it seems like irl the same problem going around with my friends.

16. Chris90210

Chris90210 New Member

Spring = Love blossoms
    Fall = Love Dies?

17. iwishyouwerebeer

Actually they say the most break-ups occur around February and November/December. But I don't think that has anything to do with cheating. People cheat because they just aren't as captivated by their current SO.

18. TXLBS

TXLBS New Member

normal. its time to put up or shut up about going crazy before responsibility and settling down are in order.

19. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Ouch :wtc:

Sorry to hear that man, but I am glad to hear you are going to end it.
    Stay strong, fuck her, and move on with your life. There is so much out there (other girls, friends, hobbies, etc...) that you can now freely experience. Take advantage my friend.