SRS Breaking up was for the best

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TheGetUpkid, Jul 25, 2006.

1. TheGetUpkid

TheGetUpkid New Member

My ex-girlfriend and I are both 20 and had been dating for a little bit over 4 years. We decided to break up a couple of days ago because of a couple of reasons. The main reason is that she will be leaving to study abroad in Italy for 4 months in the fall. We sort of agreed that it would be too hard to continue our relationship with her being so far away.

Its been about a little bit over a week since we broke up and Im still feeling really depressed and down about it. It just hurts because I know that Im still in love with her and I cant go 10 minutes without thinking about her. I know that breaking up was probably the best for the both of us and that "time heals all".

She really really wanted to maintain a friendship with me and at the time of the break up I agreed, but now I've been thinking that it may not be such good idea afterall. Especially since Im still in love with her.

2. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

Feeling down about this is normal, but try to understand that you have your whole life in front of you. Keep your head up and look forward.

3. johan

johan Active Member

You've been given the opportunity to remake your life into something unimaginably better than it was.

Whether you realize that future is up to you. But the door has just opened.
    Up to you to step thru....

4. desichic123

desichic123 New Member

one of my best friends also broke up with her bf while she went to Spain for the past 4 months..she had a great time in Spain being single but realized she really loved her bf and they are both back together now (she just came back from Spain) so if its meant to be..itll work out

5. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

yea maybe you should let her know you'll be waiting, and if she still feels for you the same when she gets back, I don't see why you can't get back together with her.

6. TheGetUpkid

TheGetUpkid New Member

Update: Well she sent me a message last night saying "Hey I am going to call you tommrrow if that is cool I miss you".

I talked to her this morning, and it just really brought me down. I know that I agreed that we would maintain a friendship, but its kinda hard when I'm still in frequent contact with her. Should I tell her that because I still have feelings for her it would be best if she stop contacting me?

7. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

Don't let yourself say "fine, u don't want me? well then i'm not talking to you! ha ha."

If u rlly can't handle talking to her then don't, but don't just not talk to her bc of the above sentiment.