SRS Breaking the routine

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by familyguy101, Sep 15, 2006.

1. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

Everyday for the last few months(except weekends) I've woken up at 6:45am and got ready for school. I sit in traffic for half an hour. I arrive at school, and absolutely nothing happens in any of my classes. I go home at 12:50 and watch tv/do homework until it is time to go to work. I go to work and have small bickering conversations with people while I'm so bored that I want to start a fire or something. I come home at 10:30pm and watch t.v for about an hour, then I go on the computer for an hour, then I go to bed. Repeat the next day.

I am just amazed how I have this routine. I never intentionally planned it, but boredome causes me to go on the computer/watch tv when I have nothing to do. It feels like I'm stuck in a meaningless cycle. I have no dates on fridays or saturdays, so I stay home. Wow, that is very unexciting.

Anybody have something new for me to do? What can I do for a little excitement? Anything at all. Doesn't have to be excitement, just something fun and different. Please, I'm on my knees.

2. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

What are you into? Could be some interesting clubs at your school.

3. Captain Amazing

Captain Amazing OT Supporter

Take up golf :coold:

4. Pringles

Pringles New Member

the reason you have no dates is because you do nothing. Try breaking it and you might just find what your looking for or maybe you won't. But you will never know following that schedule.

5. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

You work and go to school, so you have no time for anything else. As long as you got those things going, keep em up. Maybe eliminate TV/computer time and spend that more wisely?

6. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

Tiger:greddy:Woods

7. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

I have the same type of routine....:dunno: i'll have the occassional date or outing though...Lately I've been talkin to various girls and seeing which one I would like to pursue further...Why don't you do the same? PM me for more info.

8. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

i have friends, but all we ever do is get drunk together....nothing else. I havn't dated yet, and I can't believe I don't have the balls to start. I've never been in a club at school and I don't plan on joining, it's just not me. I've always participated in doing bad things with friends, so I would feel out of place joining a club at school.

9. childofbean

childofbean Green Member

Wow. I have most DEFINITELY been there before. :hs:

wake up, get ready for school, go to school, come home, do work, sleep, wake up, get ready for school, go to school, come home, do work, sleep, wake up, get ready for school, go to school, come home, do work, sleep, get ready for school, go to school, come home, do work, sleep... etc.

I actually ended up considering suicide at one point because I was so bored with life. I can't quite remember what it was that worked for me, but I will give you a few suggestions:

-learn something new, such as a language or how to play an instrument
    -change your schedule up some
    -take different routes home
    -join a gym
    -adopt an animal
    -try wearing different clothing or having a different hairstyle one day
    -rearrange the furniture in your room
    Be daring.

Just a thought:
    I really think that doing something like volunteering could make a big difference.
    To quote Mark Twain:
    "The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up."

Knowing that you've made a difference in someone else's life can be very rewarding and even inspiring at times.

Anyway, I hope that you find something you not only enjoy, but something that makes you appreciate your life much more than you do now.

Find some sort of purpose.

:)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2006