LGBT BREAKING NEWS: CoCo has been arrested for sodomy in Ghana

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Sam Gamgee, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

I just got a call from CoCo in Ghana...

Apparently, his ex-boyfriend turned him in to the authorities and he was arrested for sodomy two days ago. He just got out on bail.

Now, he is fighting to have his ex-boyfriend arrested for sodomy since this guy was actually the one who did the sodomizing in the first place.

CoCo is out on bail and hopes to keep his job. The authorities took his computer (and found all kinds of stuff, including photos of CoCo and his ex). The authorities are trying to claim that CoCo forced his ex to take the photos.

From what I learned from CoCo, since both guys are legal adults and both are charging each other, the crime becomes a misdemeanor and carries a maximum of 5 years in jail (instead of life in prison for forced sodomy).

So, he's figuring out if he can avoid jail, keep his job, or just leave the country altogether.

Stay tuned for more updates.

p.s. CoCo authorized this post. He says that he's in touch with other Closet OTers, so let's keep all updates in this thread and hope he stays safe.

2. Matrixballer04

Matrixballer04 New Member

So...Sodomy is when you shove a foreign object up someone else's ass right?

Hmmm

3. Elusid

Elusid New Member

What Sodomy is illegal? Or is it the whole "forced" part that is... but then wouldn't that be rape?

4. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

NO!!!!

Coco I will come save you!

5. Naturally Baked

Naturally Baked Active Member

o no!!!

That sucks!!!!!!! Hope everything turns out for the best...ugh, I dont really know him but thats horrible news

6. Drloveless

Drloveless Mac Crew

Is this for real??? Holy shit wtf????

7. Virality

Virality New Member

:eek4: I hope everything turns out alright

8. spiffy_badrock

spiffy_badrock I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you.

We are here for you CoCo, hoping and praying for the best.

9. Digital_

Digital_ New Member

Sodomy is illegal in Texas...

Coco is in a bad situation though. The legal system there isn't as fair as we have here. Hopefully he will be ok and posting back on here soon.

:wavey:

10. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

:eek4: I hope it all works out for ya CoCo!!!!!!!

11. novo

novo Pokey Man OT Supporter

what a bastard ex :eek3:

12. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

:werd:

13. aenergi

aenergi New Member

fucking bullshit. my thoughts are with coco
    _d

14. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

15. Ivan

Ivan New Member

What the fuck are these fucking laws??? They make no sense! They should worry more about the bastards who hit and kill their wives and abuse their kids!!

I wish I could do something, but I don't know shit. :wtc:

16. :|

:| Guest

Hopefully he can bribe his way out if need be? :noes::noes:

17. camarosrool

camarosrool yes i am

can the US embassy help him out at all??
    omg that sucks

free coco tshirts?

i hope he makes it back ok!!

18. zortnac

zortnac New Member

Holy shit, this is a fucked up dose of outside-of-the-US reality. Is he a US citizen?

19. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

Hello everyone! First, I wanted to assure you all that I am safe.

Sam reported accurately. On Tuesday, I broke up with my boyfriend (because things were going so well with the Rugby Player). Basically, he just showed up at my house one morning begging me for money, to which I replied that I not an ATM, and that I find his inability (or unwillingness) to support himself unattractively emasculating. And then I concluded that if all I mean to him is financial security, then obviously I am not the right person for him, because I would never be that available to him. So I asked him to leave. Before I went to the office, I composed and emailed him a three page letter addressing all of the issues that I had with our 'relationship', and why I was ended it.

Two hours later, the police barged into my office screaming that I was being arrested for sodomy. That I, the "rich, power, white American" had forced myself on the "small boy" in exchange for money.

I was mortified, but remained unbelievably calm as they confiscated my laptop and handcuffed me. I was then taken to a police station, to which I denied the sodomy charges (because in my American definition of 'sodomy', I never sodomized him...but he me.) They started rummaging through my laptop and initially couldn't find anything incriminating. The next thing that I know, my ex walks in, gets on my y laptop and starts pulling up all of these folders. Basically, the pictures that I posted on OT, and a few of our oral play. Next, they found pics of friends and exes, and they promptly tossed my ass in jail.

While they were going through my laptop, I was on the phone. First, to my business partner to inform her of the situation and get her mobilized on trying to get me out. Next, to my lawyer, so that he could quickly get started on my case. Last, I called the Director of Information and Security at the US Embassy, a personal friend.

When I was stripped of my shoes, socks, jewelry, phones, and money, I was put into a room about 17 feet by 25 feet' that contained about 85 adult African males. They immediately started grabbing me, which I later discovered was to determine if I was really a man. Throwing up my elbows, I slammed several in the chest to give myself room and started yelling for them to back the fuck up. Finally, someone told me to calm down, to which I replied for him to keep his hands to himself. The guy, Andoni, who I would learn was the 'President' of the jail had been there for 15 years. I introduced myself and shook his hand. He inquired about why I was locked up, to which I condensed into 'everyone in this country wants you to bribe them; I refused. And now here I am...' He was sympathetic to my situation, agreeing that there is too much corruption in Ghana. He asked how long I would be in jail, to which I said that I expected to be released within a day or so. He immediately took me under his 'protection', and I was treated rather well in jail. I learned that when then inmates first saw me, they thought that I was too pretty to be a guy. I laughed it off, pointed to the peach fuzz that I consider a mustache. He laughed, and said that they were feeling to make sure that I had a penis, to which I jokingly said that they didn't finish me off, so how would they know if it really works...to which he laughed hysterically.

Being under President Andani's protection meant that would be permitted to sleep (which I couldn't), that I would be allowed to bathe (which I wouldn't), and that I would be given TP for the toilet (which I couldn't even think about). Filtered water was smuggled in for me. Some form of porridge was also smuggled in for me to eat, as the prisons in this country do not feed you...but I refused to eat regardless. Two guys were ordered to take off their cloths, fold them, and hand them to me as pillows to sit on. Someone else was ordered to take off his shirt, and fan me with it for the duration of my incarceration.

Days later, I was released on the equivalent of $5,155 bail. I learned that I was initially denied bail based on my being charged with a felony. My business partner bribed someone to get bail authorized for me.

As soon as I was released, I immediately asked who I spoke to ti file a case against someone. When I identified my accuser as the person, they laughed and said that he has a case against me, and so I cannot file against him. But then I pointed out that he lied, and that I had proof. The laughter stopped. I then explained that he pursued me, that he was 23 years old (not a small boy), and that the pictures that he claimed I forced him to take, HE actually took the pictures himself, emailed them to me himself, and downloaded them to my computer. And then I wanted to offer my cell phone as evidence, because he had been texting me for the past month that he wanted to sodomize me because I had not allowed him to recently. And I have every email that he ever sent me, which I will also turn over.

Jaws dropped. So I made my statement, and left. I still have no laptop, and have absolutely no idea what is going to happen. In this country, sodomy is listed as 'any unnatural acts', so either way I am guilty. I just wanted to ensure that this is a misdemeanor instead of a felony, which gives me a max of 5 years instead of life in prison. Also, I wanted him to have to face whatever I am facing.

He called me on Friday to state that this is getting out of hand, and that I need to apologize to him because his feelings were hurt, and if I did, he would withdraw his statement and we could reconcile. I replied that I have no intention of admitting guilt for an act that I feel I did no wrong. And that I had no want to reconcile, because this is proof positive that he is too immature for me. I then went on to say that unlike him, I had a legal team and an entire country to back me--what did he have? I could afford the bail, could he??

So this is where I stand. Today, I find out if the investigator is dropping the case or turning int over to the courts. As long as this stays down wind of the national press, I can keep my Federal job. The moment that this becomes a national incident, I will probably have to step down. I am trying to keep this thing as controlled as possible. But there are no guarantees.

As of right now, I am safe...albeit a bit disconnected without my laptop.

20. CoCo

..in Ghana, sodomy is listed as 'any unnatural act'.

21. CoCo

:)

22. CoCo

..me too! I have worked tooooooo hard here to have it all be washed away by this tide of vengeful injustice.

23. CoCo

..thank you, much appreciated.

24. CoCo

...right! It was such a bitch move.

25. CoCo

:coolugh: