Break-up sex

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by MongooseGA, Jul 8, 2007.

1. MongooseGA

MongooseGA New Member

I just had my first session of break-up sex with my ex, that I'd been dating since March of last year (my first LTR).

It's kind of bitter sweet. I still have feelings for her and we'll still see each other regularly as friends (with slight benefits, maybe). But, she wouldn't kiss me tonight, and it was no where near the same as it always had been.

She met another guy who she's interested in and I just sort of lost her attention I guess. I had been really upset about it, but I'm mellowing myself out and learning to accept it. The kicker is that he's going off to boot camp in 2 weeks anyway, and they'll only see eachother for 2 days out of the next 3 months.

Just wanted to share my experience.

2. demosnat

demosnat New Member

That seems like a terrible idea.

3. MongooseGA

MongooseGA New Member

What's that?

4. eightvalve

eightvalve Reformed Lurker Crew #1

Just leave the bitch alone, break up sex, or post break up sex is a tool women use to keep you around incase they want your ass back.

5. MongooseGA

MongooseGA New Member

Whatever the case is, it'll still take me a while to get over it. Like I said, my first LTR.

I'm not cutting my wrists or anything, though.

6. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

By having sex with someone you still have feelings for, but does not like you in return, you are just going to prolong the time it takes to get over her. Having sex/fooling around will somewhat reattach you to her.

7. sophocles

sophocles New Member

shes keeping you around for when this guy leaves
    sorry to tell you

you might want to get away if you dont like being a backup

8. MongooseGA

MongooseGA New Member

Point taken.

I can be mature enough to detach myself from her. It will just take a little while. However, she's still a great girl and I still want to stay in contact with her.

9. otherlank

otherlank OT Supporter

Your statements about how you will act are huge contradictions of the obvious way you feel.

10. Kreigore

Kreigore New Member

My opinion: Don't do it.

From experience, it only rekindles old feelings and it sucks. It confuses both of you, no matter if you think you can "cut ties" and feel nothing.

I made that mistake. My ex and I ended up having a two-month "fling" and it was great. We hadn't gotten along that well together in the last year of our relationship. We were together for about 3 years.

But you know what? It was an illusion. Sure, it was great because we hung out one night during the weekend. We went out for dinner, went to a movie, played golf or did whatever we felt like. Then of course, we had sex. We had no attachments.

We started to "fall" for one another again. Things were awesome, but like I said. It was an illusion. We had no attachments and we owed each other nothing. I still love/hate her for the crap she did to me (and I did to her).

We ended things on the idea that we may be together again, but I won't hold my breath.

She's an ex for a reason, after all.

11. Kreigore

Kreigore New Member

Here's a good article that may help you out too, I have no idea where it came from, so my apologies.

Walk Down Memory Lane…
    You stopped dating months or maybe even years ago, but every now and then the phone will ring, a great conversation will be experienced, and part of the magic you once shared will reunite. The phone is hung up and you find yourself wondering if it could still work out and maybe even fantasizing that it could. Then over the course of the next few days, you contact that person and get the cold shoulder. What gives?

Most likely caused by: A lonely moment of solitude for your ex who finds himself or herself dialing up old memories on the phone one evening. Here’s a reality check: Nine times out of ten, he or she is still not available to you. What you’re experiencing is nostalgia and the qualities that attracted you to him or her in the first place. Should you still persist and venture down that path, don’t be surprised if the enjoyment of nostalgia is soon overtaken by more realistic remembrances of exactly why he or she repels you, and why it never worked out the first time.

Take comfort in… the happy nostalgic memories, and being able to periodically enjoy the very best qualities of that person over the phone without having to commit to getting your heart broken or yourself frustrated by your shared incompatibilities all over again. But unless you’re willing to experience a sequel to the original breakup, although this time happening much more quickly, it may be worth it to keep the past in the past and allow yourself to enjoy your old relationship only as a walk down memory lane. There are exceptions, of course, but there are reasons why someone is an ex…

12. OoOlAlA

OoOlAlA New Member

Break up sex is a bad idea. Sex with that person ever again is a bad idea. She is an ex for a reason, stay away from her.