TAT branding experiences?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Bored_is_Me, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Bored_is_Me

Bored_is_Me New Member

has anyone gotten any cortary branding done? or any other kind of branding? im about to begin the journey, but would like someones thoughts or experiences on the healing process, or the pros and cons of the different types; and anything else i should know. :hs:

2. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

after doing a bunch of research on BME back in 97 I branded my ankle. its just a little spiral shape but it took fucking forever to heal. I think mostly because it was on my foot. it never got irritated or infected, just puffy and red at first, once it scabbed over I kept it covered when I had my shoes on but probably took about a month to heal.

then it was purple for about a year, then reddish, now its white and shows up better when my foot gets tan. overall I think cutting is a more accurate way to make a scar but branding worked for me anyway.

fucking hurt like hell. I got some 316L welding rod (I think 14g) and made little tools that bent to a couple different curved shapes. I heated them up to a dull red then let them cool for maybe 5-7 seconds before striking.

if you do it yourself make sure you don't push too hard, you can go too deep and really fuck things up. when you make your brand try not to make any one branding iron too big. a bunch of little ones is going to turn out better than one big one and you are less likley to go too deep or miss a spot.

3. Capt. Slow

Capt. Slow Member

Don't do it yourself...
    15 + stupid = infection

edit: Not that you are 15. A high school friend did it back then.

4. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

and he got an infection? I can tell you with almost 100% certainty that it had nothing to do with him preforming the brand. it got infected because of aftercare so it would have gotten infected no matter who did it. you're not going to get an infection from a 1000F piece of steel. you're going to get an infection from not taking care of the large open wound it leaves.

that being said, just about any self preformed body mod done by a 15yo isn't going to end well :mamoru: I'm just glad that upside down cross I tattooed on the palm of my hand when I was 15 faded away after 2 months :o

5. Frazz

Frazz New Member

I walked into a weed wacker and i got a u shaked burn from the carburetor on the outside of my arm. Took a stainless steel rod and added eyes on it. i now have a smiley face.

wouldn't recommend doing it.

not very accurate at all.

even after healed problems can arise. - example: mine was healed for over 18 months and i went and got some turf burn on the right half (one dot and the right side of the u) and that caused that side to keloid and now its all sorts of fucked up
    ive tried with no success to purposly do the same to the other side... i forever will have a fucked up smily face on my arm.. :doh: