Brand new Venice

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mordaine, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Mordaine

Mordaine New Member

well here it is, i have had this processor for about half a week now, and have been doing all sorts of fun stuff with it.

AMD 3200+ Venice @ 2.4 now i know most of you are wondering, "why are other people getting 2.6 and 2.7 out of theres?" well i dont know. to tell you the truth, i had it running at 2.5 with a vcore of 1.45 but that wasent bad. i just put it back to 2.4 with the basic 1.4v . anyways i have PDP systems px3200+xbl patriot ram, yes that really fast and very very nice overclocking stuff. this is my very first system to ever overclock and im very impressed, seing that im getting the speed of a 4000+. im very happy with the processor, and am hoping to get it to 2.6 here soon after burning it in for a few days. o and to let you guys know, its true, at 2.5 i got idel temps at 26c and full load at 36c on the stock fan from AMD. :naughty: now thats impressive. here is my specs

AMD 64 3200+ venice @ 2.4 (2.5 with 1.45v and runs rock solid)
    Gigabyte GA K8NS Ultra-939
    1x512 PC3200 PDP Patriot XBL ram
    MSI 6600gt oced with 525/1.05
    Segate 80gig sata hard drive
    Segate 80hih IDE hard drive

yes shes fast and very very nice

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

you're not even running dual channel!!!!!!

ahahahahahahahaha.

bwaalhahaahahahahaha

ahahadhhahahahha

mwhaha aha ha

ha

3. Mordaine

Mordaine New Member

ah, no money only had so much. plus the shitty part about my mainbard is that the ram slots are so close together that if i where to get another stick, id have some major heating problems.

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

um, with dual channel, the stick alternate slots....

5. Mordaine

Mordaine New Member

6. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

well, I just checked the manual, and you're right. That's another reason for me to recommend staying away from gigabyte, as far as I'm concerned.

Even so, I've often installed 4 sticks in other boards that would yield each stick in similar proximity... You should be okay. And DC operation is a good performance boost.

7. Mordaine

Mordaine New Member

the only problem i have is the fact that my ram is big, i mean it has a heatsink and all on it. and if i put another stick right to the next of it, its going to be really really close to touching, not that im worried that there going to touch, just worried about the heat.

8. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

you should be okay, assuming your case cooling is adequate. I'd be more concerned about not running DC than about heat right now. Give it a try and you can worry about fixing it if a problem arises. As far as I'm concerned, it's not right to NOT be using DC. And not running DC for fear of heat isn't a good excuse, in my book -- especially if you're using a chip with an integrated memory controller that craves bandwidth, and you're trying to o/c. Think about it!

9. Mordaine

Mordaine New Member

true, well i guess ill just get another stick. my case cooling is nice, so maby there isint anything to worry about:hsd:

10. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I don't think it'll be an issue. If it is, nothing an 80 or 120mm fan wouldn't fix :naughty:

11. Mordaine

Mordaine New Member

very true, i just felt my ram and its not hot at all, just warm. so like you said no worries