COMIC Brand New Day

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Gambit616, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Gambit616

Gambit616 New Member

So after letting it sit for a few days, I must say that I actually enjoyed the first issue of Brand New Day. I picked the issue up as a fan of the character and the fact that I enjoy both Slott's and McNiven's previous work, and they didn't disappoint here. Slott was almost taylor fitted for writing Spider-Man.

Although I was (and still am) annoyed with how they handled the change, it was enjoyable reading about a Peter Parker, who acted more like a young/mid twenty year old rather than a married man.

Will see where this takes us, i'm on board for now.

2. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

Nay on that for me. I only read it because it was McNiven's artwork. It's the only saving grace it has left...

3. monkeyboy

monkeyboy Mr. Monkey Pants

I don't really like the reasons behind the change, but hell, they've rewritten history so many times ... what matters is if they use it to tell good stories, right?

4. DoctorDoom

DoctorDoom Doom always keeps his word. OT Supporter

I think I'm with the majority of people on this: BND is good on it's own, but the way it got there is always going to be in the back of our minds.

Instead of OMD making us think it's a permanent change, we're just counting down the clock until Mary Jane is back as Spidey's wife.

5. MeanieMe

MeanieMe New Member

all hope is already lost.

we've lost cap
    lost MJ & spidey

:(