MIL Branch detail information by OML placement v. ROTC

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Phionoxx, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Phionoxx

Phionoxx OT Supporter

I've been doing some looking around online to try and find more information similar to the following -
    "-last year AV filled to 50% in the first 11% of the OML and to 65% by the 17% OML and then the rest of the selections came from cadets who were 50-61% on the order of merit list
    -(all those above the 11% had to agree to another 3 years active duty to get the branch. for avn you have 6 yrs after flight school so this means they agreed to serve a little more than 9 yrs on active duty

-IN filled to 65% by the 31% of the OML and then the rest came from 50-72% (all with an extra 3 yrs active above the 17% OML)
    "

Looking at the branch breakdowns in regards to the percentages of the OML placement necessary to make the branch, is there a resource online available for the public to look at all that data regarding each of the 16 branches ( I don't have AKO/DKO access information) ?

I'm a MSII ROTC Cadet right now, and would really like to see the rest of the information for the other branches, that was given for IN and AV. I realize it would be a pain to type all of it up, but if I could even see the same type of results relating to MI and SG I would really appreciate it. As of now, Military Intelligence and Signal Corps are my top two branch choices and I would like to have some type of idea of the goals I should be shooting for as far as placement on the OML list to have a realistic chance of being placed in each branch. :x:

cliffs: looking for information relating to OML % necessary to make placement for MI, SG branches as of last year if possible (accession info for 07-08 class). Especially relating to: GPA, PT Scores, Extra Schools attended (airbourne, air assault, LTC, etc). Going to try and talk to PMS about this soon as well, but any extra input would be appreciated.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  2. Gaunt

Gaunt blood for the blood god OT Supporter

our class got a brief from our PMS.

your PMS should have the info with the break down from last years accetions.

the suck zone is really 20-50% on the OML you wont get the top 5 most popular branches

3. nadahonda

nadahonda Member

You and somebody else want the same branch, you'll know you did better than that person in every aspect and get screwed while the other person gets the branch that they wanted. Even if you ADSO.

You wanna shoot for the 50.0001 slot on the OML, if that is even possible :hsugh:

4. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

I have no idea what the fuck any of you just said.

5. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

It's okay old man. After 52 years in the military - a lot of people would be easily confused

6. Phionoxx

Phionoxx OT Supporter

Yeah a lot of our MSIV cadets have been pretty vocal about that. Although most of the people who wanted one of the top 3 branches (IN,MI,AV) were placed - and I believe near 80% branched somewhere in their top 3 choices. We actually had a couple of cadets who initially were given a branch outside of their top 3 which had included Infantry, to later find out through the chain of command that some more IN spots opened up, so it worked out well for them.

7. nolecdt

nolecdt New Member

suck zone ftl :wtc:

8. MumblingJoe169

MumblingJoe169 New Member

it changes like every year, and you have like a year and a half to worry about this shit. Just do well your MSIII year and quit stressing about shit you can't control.

9. Ranger-AO

:nono: this is all junior officer wannabe shit. It has nothing to do with the real military. :hsugh:

10. MumblingJoe169

MumblingJoe169 New Member

about as much to do with the military as all the worthless help me pick my job, helps with meps, etc. enlisted threads that clog this forum.

11. Ranger-AO

But... it's officer stuff. :ugh2:

:mamoru: :fawkd:

12. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qTzZpoiEMM0

13. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

We can embed youtube videos now? :eek5:

14. dura

dura Guest

:rofl:

15. shiba

shiba Active Member

Theres not a real set OML % for any of the branches during placement. They choose from the top of the list going down until they have enough LTs. My advice is to get a great GPA as that accounts of about half your OML score.

16. Phionoxx

Phionoxx OT Supporter

yeah that is by far the thing I am working towards the most. As of right now I am sitting at a 3.46, but I have some tough classes to finish out in the next two years to graduate that will likely lower that a little bit. Accounting Major FTL in that regard.

17. OkiDiver

OkiDiver New Member

18. kawasakizx6rrrr

kawasakizx6rrrr New Member

i'm not going to lie...you said it all right there

19. kawasakizx6rrrr

kawasakizx6rrrr New Member

i'm not going to lie...you said it all right there

20. Gaunt

Gaunt blood for the blood god OT Supporter

the average GPA to get the top 10% on the OML was 3.8 youll want 3.6 if you want to get top 5 most popular. or try and get low so you are 50.001 % that GPA was 2.8