Brake Problems

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by rtellex84, Mar 26, 2006.

1. rtellex84

rtellex84 New Member

I have an 87 Integra; when I drive more than 3 miles the brakes lock up the wheels, to where I cannot move the car at all. Also if I let the car warm up and sit idling for 45 min or more, and be on a hill, in neutral, with the ebrake off, it won't budge. I changed the brake fluid, flushed out every line till they were clear. What I pulled out was Pepsi color, buh! It didn't fix the problem. All 4 lock, but the rear rotors are gouged to hell, so I know I need to replace those. But what about Calipers? See, it runs fine, brakes work just fine, when it is cold started and driven, but once it warms up, something is binding. Now I am thinking rotors, but I come back to the fact of letting it idle so long and not even moe it. The rotors shouldn't get warm until used, right? :wtf:

2. GRiP_DRiVER

GRiP_DRiVER New Member

Unplug the brake booster then worm it up and see if the problem is still there. It might be sticking after it gets warm.

PS.. when you remove the vacuum line make sure to plug the line so you don't have a huge vacuum leak.

3. Marmot

Marmot Guest

Siezed caliper maybe?

4. rtellex84

rtellex84 New Member

calipers will compress when I brake and release when I do...until problem starts, after 3 miles, even when not using the brakes very much at all

5. rtellex84

rtellex84 New Member

I will try that but do you mean warm not worm? Confused lol