Brake Pedal Pressure??

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by phoenixTX, May 8, 2005.

1. phoenixTX

phoenixTX New Member

I did some searching and couldn't find this issue, so maybe someone can help me out.

My 94 Accord EX has great brakes ... until I turn on the AC :( . With the AC on, the pedal slowly goes all the way to the floor. A pump or two and it has 'decent' pressure, but not as much as it should. Turn off the AC and everything is fine.

If not for the AC, it would be obvious that it's leaking internally (bad master cylinder, etc...) as I don't have any leaks visible. The AC thing makes me think it's a vacuum leak affecting the booster, this sound like a possibility? I also haven't bled the brakes, which I guess I will try that first, but since they work fine with the AC off, I doubt it's a 'air in the lines' issue.

Most of my saturday mechanic work involves fixing up older vehicles and usually doesn't involve brakes with ABS, so I hope the ABS isn't part of the problem

2. Jujharoo

Jujharoo New Member

Damn thats wierd Hmmm maybe when you turn on the Ac the engine RPMs drop and there isnt enough vaccum?? but thats only if your car is moving very slow.
    I dont know man.

3. Ronin

Ronin Guest

thats quite an odd problem, my guess would be something vaccum related, i dont really have a clue tho