A&P Brainstorm for photo project....

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Relay, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Relay

Relay New Member

Hi all,

I have a project due in a few weeks for digital photog. class.

Project is to take 35-70 shots that will be played in slideshow form (iphoto) to tell a story. It will have a soundtrack playing in the back to add to the "effect".

I am trying to come up with some themes or general ideas to spark some creativity in my mind for this project.....music and soundtrack stuff is not a problem, I dj and produce so i can create some good stuff.

How would you guys/girls approach this ? What kind of story could be told....i mean, there is a million answers, but i am stuck for some reason and just some inspiration.

thanks.

2. vizual

vizual → 190½ ЯBI ←

Looks like you are getting alot of feedback ;)

I guess some ideas are better than none, so I'll throw some out there for ya to shoot down. I have an assignment similar to this, except its for a film photography class, and it just has to be a minimum of 4 pictures, presented anyway we like and sound isnt a requirment.

My first idea was to document me going to a concert. Luckily I had already planned on going to one with my friend and I called up the place and they were cool with still photography inside. I took pictures on the way there, in line, inside before it go full, inside during the concert, at the end as everyone left, and then outside as people gathered/waited for their rides (or cabs) to come.

Another idea I'm going to try and make work is photograph the process of throwing a bowl/cup in ceramics. I'm in a sculpture/wheel throwing class and hopefully will have a girl in the class be the 'model' while I photograph her process from start to finish, I just need to figure out which steps I want to include/leave out.

And the last one I'll throw out there is the process of making the school paper. My friend works on the paper and I've been down there a few times, I think it could be cool to show the work they do and try and capture how hectic it is and how many hours they put in. They have huge layout boards to configure where pictures and columns will go, that fill up as they get those in from the writers/photographers.

They might not be the greatest of ideas, but hopefully you can take one of them or something from a few of them and create an idea thats better or more interesting to you. Hope some (read: any) of that helped

3. I hate open topic assignments. They always seem to be the most difficult until a topic is chosen :big grin:

4. mojito

mojito New Member

i did one of these a few months ago, well actually a couple of them, and there were some weird ones out there to say the least

I did one on a wedding and one of my cat dreaming it was a lion, but when you through complete creativity and art students together, the shit hits the fan

just think of some things you're intrested in and go from there

5. Relay

Relay New Member

Thanks for the ideas. Since my main passion is music, I have been listening to songs and visualizing images that would go along with them.

Vizual - Your concert idea is similiar to an idea I had, only it was a Rave event. I dj at raves/Clubs and wanted to show a dj preparing for a gig.....only problem is, right now in Los Angeles....raves are shit and it would be too risky to plan on taking photos at an event that would probably shut down, even though i could change it into a dj getting ready to play at a rave, that gets shut down lol.

thanks for the responses guys, everything helps when you are in the creative process.