BR1 speaker kit

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 04, Jul 24, 2002.

1. 04

04 Guest

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I just finished building this pair on monday night. They sound really accurate, moreso than my old DIY speaker. They have a 6.5 inch woofer and a 1inch silk dome tweeter. The cabinet is 5/8 inch MDF and is lined with acoustic foam. The crossover is a linkwitz reily variaty 2nd order electrical and acoustical at 2khz. It encorporates a baffle step compensation of 4dB I believe. It has very impressive bass output for the size of the speaker. The box is tuned to 43hz and is around .5cuft internal volume.

2. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

is that a morel tweeter??
    btw they look really nice

3. 04

04 Guest

Why thank you Loudsystem. :big grin: Actually the tweeter is a Dayton silk dome. It was made to compete with the Morel. Its frequency response is not quite as flat as the MDT-29, but it does have a small dampened rear chamber that the Morel does not have IIRC.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pdf/275-070.pdf

There is a PDF with all the info on the Dayton silk dome, including impedence and phase charts, frequency repsonse and cumulative spectral decay charts. Its really quite a good tweeter for the money. It can also be crossed over at as low as 2khz. Ive even heard of people doing first order networks on it at 2.5khz!!!

4. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

heheh the tweeter looks the same as a morel hehe