Boyfriends Cavy

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by turbo_babe, Sep 20, 2006.

1. turbo_babe

turbo_babe Guest

Well since someone else already liked the look of his car i'll post it up here for him since he's not on this forum. He owns and operates jspeed in calgary alberta. Here is his black 1992 Cavalier Z24. He has done an Asuna front end swap. The only one in Canada. Have not seen another anywhere. He's also preparing to do a 2L turbo swap this weekend. My sunbird has a 2L turbo and the last one we had before it croaked punched out 15.4 in the 1/4 mile. (he's in love with it) and I have another turbo on order. The one in there right now is punching out .48a/r. The one on order will punch out .80 a/r. And then in the spring I'll hopefully be getting a DOHC top end from the UK.Should bolt right on. Should be punchin out mid-high 14's. Anyways enough about my car. Its in the process of being overhauled so I have no pics of it. His car also does not have the blue stripe anymore.But here's a couple of his car. So simple, yet so sexy :big grin:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Stavios

Stavios New Member

not a fan

3. prowler09

prowler09 New Member

looks pretty good, i like the headlights. you should check out j-body.org

4. PooP

PooP New Member

Not a fan really.. too much work just to get it into the high 14's

5. turbo_babe

turbo_babe Guest

Well not really. Id rather put the extra work into the engine and actually make it go like stink then just have a nice lookin car. Its not a honda :mamoru: . And it won't cost that much to get it into high 14's. Theres alot of readily available parts for these cars and well its all we can afford. The turbo only costs about 180 and the quad top end will only be a few hundred bucks hopefully. I think it will be well worth it. But to each there own. People stop telling us its a waste of time when they see how fast it goes.:rofl:

6. 1.8

1.8 Guest

How much does it weigh?

7. turbo_babe

turbo_babe Guest

hmm good question.... my car.. I beleive is 2400lbs.. Its a 5spd and theres no power options.

8. Akimbo

Akimbo New Member

What a waste of money:(

J-bodies are horrid.

9. turbo_babe

turbo_babe Guest

Well everyone has there own tastes. I like my car. Its affordable. I would like to have an old corvette/camaro/trans am but the up keep on those will cost twice as much. And gas. And I hate imports. Besides I can customize my car to my liking. What do all of you drive in here?

10. turbo_babe

turbo_babe Guest

hey thats an awesome accomplishment for us. We dont have 15,000 to spend on an import and another 5-10,000 grand on an engine. So i'm ok with 14 seconds. How come everyone has to put it down? Its something I enjoy and something i'm lookin forward to. People on here are fucking rediculous. THey all have 10 second cars, and hot model girlfriends :rolleyes:

11. 1.8

1.8 Guest

Well you should be able to hit high 14's with maybe ~150whp in a 2400lb car. What's the deal with the motor?

12. turbo_babe

turbo_babe Guest

at sea level yes we could do it. We are 3500 ft above sea level.

13. The1Ash10

The1Ash10 Active Member

:rofl: that is ugly as hell

14. iansane

iansane Active Member

Reminds me of the later isuzu impulse.

15. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

:rofl:

b13 sentra ser = 3k TOPS
    sr20det = 2500 TOPS
    sr20ve = 2000 TOPS (if youre into the vtec type of thing)

the SR is incredibly cheap to mod. idk where you got those figures from

16. TQ

TQ OT Supporter

:bowrofl:

I'd like to "punch" you in the face :ugh:

17. 1.8

1.8 Guest

I guess I would also like to mention that someone on the protege forum ran a 14.9 with NA bolt ons and stripped interior. I'm guessing he was around 140whp and 2200lbs BTW. I'm not hating but his setup could be duplicated for 1500$ including car, easy. He didn't even have high compression pistons, or head work, or cams, or anything internal.

As the say, to go faster, add lightness. Maybe you guys could lighten your car up and gain some speed.

18. turbo_babe

turbo_babe Guest

Thanks Getsome. Yeah he could buy another car.. But you know what he doesnt want to. He likes jbody's (hence why we have jspeed) and so do alot of other people. Alot of people bash them but we dont care. Its what we like. He'll do what he can to the car. And you know I dont really know a whole bunch yet about motors and turbos.. I still have a shit load to learn. Im a newb.Im sorry if my posts sound stupid :rofl:

Ono the passenger side is spray painted. Yeah.. Its gay. But that side of the car was damaged when he got it so he fixed it and hasn't had the money to get it painted properly. Thats in the cards for next spring.

19. fintheman

fintheman I will ebay O/T!

If you have alot of learn, you'll learn that its actually not cost worthy to mod these cars.

But its okay, everyone starts somewhere

I drive a Cavalier for my DD

20. turbo_babe

turbo_babe Guest

I think that this car will be great for me until i can offord my Pontiac Solstice (a whole new round of flaming im sure :rofl: ) but check this one out.. Its my inspiration..Hump X 1 million

[​IMG]

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2327150

21. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

That cavalier looks like it has down syndrome.

22. turbo_babe

turbo_babe Guest

LOL pictures just dont do it justice. At least its not riced out with a huge wing and body kit. Its nice and simple.

23. The1Ash10

The1Ash10 Active Member

:rofl: You're right that thing is not "riced out" at all.

24. The1Ash10

The1Ash10 Active Member

very well said. Or a Fox mustang is only like 3k for a good one and cheap as hell to mod...

25. High Voltage

High Voltage Guest

dawt