Boyfriend of 2 years is afraid of my trying toys

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by NeLLe, Aug 21, 2006.

1. NeLLe

NeLLe New Member

So my boyfriend of 2 years is afraid of trying toys because..basically, he's afraid that if I TRY them...we'll never have sex again cuz I'll get attached to them. I'm not a very sexual person as it is & he complains ALL THE TIME about not having sex. I feel that our sex life needs some "omf" & I'd like to try a vibrator or a dildo but he's "afraid" of them. Ha...I don't even know why....he's pretty well endowed...but he think's he's not big enough cuz I'm a bigger woman. Any ideas on how to get him to let me try some toys or get him to open up?

2. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

He needs to get over his insecurity and he needs to develop better technique. He's threatened by the toys because he doesn't want to actually put the time into getting better at getting you off.

Get the toy and play with it yourself. Maybe it'll be good for you to have something to compare him to. Maybe then you'll insist he step up to the plate.

Personally, I've never found that I prefer a toy over a man. But then again, I have a man who isn't threatened and certain is better than any toy could be.

3. Broken5hift

Broken5hift New Member

let him control the toy and then make sure you focus more on him than the toy until he's more comfortable with it. then lock the bathroom door while your in there for 3 hours at a time :rofl:

4. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Wow, talk about some serious insecurity!!!

Toys are fun, and atleast in my opinion, almost essential to a good sex life...especially further down the road in a relationship. Toys don't mean you just go off, get yourself done, and dont need the other partner again. Instead, toys are a way for both parterns to explore new means of giving the other physical and sexual pleasure (along with some forms of psycological pleasure that can come from certain toys).

5. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

You could really test his insecurities and buy a vibrating butt plug for him....

6. Broken5hift

Broken5hift New Member

its not insecurity so much as it is personnal preference. some people dont sky dive, its not cause they are insecure about wearing jumpsuits its cause they prefer to stay living

7. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

A toy cannot replace a man, at least not to me. it can make sexual play different and new when you bring in new sensations and i love using my toys with my bf. So go get yourself a nice vibe and explore your own sexuality. Sow him that you still want him and that the toy isn't competion. Teach him how to use the toy on you to give you pleasure just like he would bring you pleasure without a toy. he can use it as an extension of himself.

8. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

my wife has stopped using toys cause i rock her world so good. When we first got together she was used to using them cause her ex couldnt get her off.

he's insecure and worried because he doesnt feel like he can satisfy you

9. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

I am not sure where i fall on this one...

IMHO its possible to overuse a vibrator. At first its a great tool to help you get used to having orgasms, but after that, its starts going the otherway. You get used to the incredibly intense sensations that only a power tool can produce and its gets harder to have an orgasm with just a guy.

Thats with extended use though. As a change of pace to be used on occasion.. hell yeah. Dildo's and anything else is a good time.. Im just kind on the anti vibrator camp at the moment, after seeing a night and day difference in vaginal O posibility because of a month without the vibrator.

10. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

well u just made me scared of vibrators

11. Repost

Repost PENCIL DICK

Well you're clearly not having enough sex (and it seems to be YOU not giving it), and you tell him you want a toy!?

That's pretty much telling him he's no good and you would rather use a toy than have sex with him.

12. Kex

Kex New Member

I think it's pretty normal for a guy to think that way. Make it a fun activity, tell him you want him to join you and that it's hot.

13. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

:werd: That must suck for ur bf.

14. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

poster's got a point there. Your bf is complaining about not having enough sex...and you're thinking about getting toys?

Here's what he's gonna think. "I have a hard enough time getting her to do stuff, but now I'm going to have to compete with a vibrator for what little time there is?"