LGBT Boy did I just screw things up in my life *long*

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Taylor, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Taylor

Taylor Guest

I just fucked myself over and my boss as well. So today my boss, the manager of the store I work in, was talking to me and she accidentally mentioned the fact that she knew I was gay—which she was not supposed to know. I was so shocked that she knew, that I just blew her off and acted like she didn't know what she was talking about. I was shocked because I had told my other boss, the assistant manager and he made it very clear to me that it was going to be kept under the strictest confidence. So I find out that the manager knows and I immediately know it came from him. I was so taken aback that, without thinking, when he called in later in the day, I asked him why she knew. He hung up on me. A few minutes later he calls me back to tell me he is so terribly sorry for doing this to me, and is a terrible person, and that he absolutely hates my other boss for telling me that he told her. I am furious at him that he is going to take it out on her when I was the one who fucked up by even saying anything. I am so embarassed and upset, and this is going to make my work atmosphere hell. I don't even know what is going to happen now.

Cliff's: One of my bosses lets slip that I'm gay, I get upset and ask why that happened, he is now pissed at the other boss and said he will quit because she told me.

Yes, I have an awkward work environment :wtc:

2. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

Man, that sucks. I hope for your sake and both your bosses that this entire thing blows over and they realize that they're making more out of the situation than there needs to be. I mean somebody screwed up, but since it seems like you're not terribly upset over your sexual preference coming out, so why not end it at that? Hopefully nobody loses their job over this. I think that's the thing I'm dreading most about coming out, having to deal with who knows and who doesn't.

3. Taylor

Taylor Guest

They don't care about my orientation—their concern is breach of trust between each person. My manager doesn't seem to understand why I'm upset. Well, my brother works there too and I'm not out to my family. That means I am just put into an extremely risky situation especially since this is now a point of conflict. I really just feel bad for putting my manager out there like that because I love her to death and I shouldn't have said anything that she knew. It's just going to make her life miserable.

4. bioyuki

bioyuki Ich habe Angst

:hs:

I think you need to sit down with both parties and explain to them how you feel about why she shouldn't be fired and why you're angry/disappointed at your manager. If you don't want it to spread anymore you need to play a little bit of damage control and try to contain the situation and I think that will only happen is if all parties invovled meet and discuss it.

Good luck :hs:

5. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

Pull both your manager and the assistant manager into a closed office, and have it out with them. Get it over and done with collectively, specifically stating that the assistant manager had no business in telling the manager, and the manager had no need to address it with you since your sexual preference has nothing to do with the job functions that you perform. Specifically state that you are 100% confident, that your sexual preference will not be revealed outside those four walls and what you three discussed in that office will NOT leave that office under any ifs, ands or buts about it. Walk out of the office and let the both of them kill one another. :o

6. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

:eek3: I think you and I have ESP or something. While I was typing my response, you got your's in a minute before me.

7. Taylor

Taylor Guest

Well I was off today and spoke with my manager (the one who wasn't supposed to know) on the phone. She said that the AM (the one who spilled the beans) is acting like nothing happened (inasmuch as he was exposed as violating my trust and was pissed about it). I have no idea what is going to happen now. I would be completely satisfied if it all blew over, but boy did it seem like that wasn't going to happen yesterday.

8. RenaultFreak

RenaultFreak OMG

I was going to say that, I'd sit with both parts, at the same time, and ask to keep this confidential. After a few days the tides will get down and you'll gain some relief.

9. RenaultFreak

RenaultFreak OMG

Ok I have to learn to read all replies before writing mine.

10. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

:eek3: I didn't know that.

11. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

oOOOOhhh Taylor, I think you're doing a worse case scenario and not seeing that it probably won't get that bad. You'll be ok. :) Nothing is ever too bad as long as you're not dead or dying, then well, then you have to be concerned.

12. Taylor

Taylor Guest

Everyone is acting like nothing happened. They're all friendly and acting normal. I'm confused. Lesser things than this have set off worse reactions. In any case, I'll be happy if it stays this way.

13. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

I don't see the problem.
    Unless there is a strict policy about not hiring gays?

Do you work at Walmart or something?

14. Sonic

Sonic Live every day to the fullest, for yesterday is go

15. Sonic

Sonic Live every day to the fullest, for yesterday is go

And keep your hands where I can see them, Mr. Blue Smiley.:squint:

16. Taylor

Taylor Guest

It's not even about my orientation... we have a "family" atmosphere at my work, meaning we are all extremely close. The issue at hand here was violation of trust between several parties. I think I overestimated the amount of trouble that would come from it... but I _was_ coming off the end of a 10 hour shift and was a little stressed out anyway.