MMA Boxing gloves v.girls

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by GreatDeceiver, Mar 15, 2008.

1. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver OT Supporter

So my gf is trying to get into boxing. Nothing serious, just a way to step up her workouts. Anyway, any of you guys (and Hillary) know anything about girls' gloves? I barely know shit about gloves in general, and have no clue if there are different gloves for chicks, and if so what are some quality purchases?

Or just good bag gloves in general? I think she's looking to beat on the bag a few days a week. I'm assuming wrapping is also a priority.

Thoughts, advice, flames? Wait, no flames.

2. Hillary

Hillary fukc yaeh. ew waitled long enough. nujgses of hill

Honestly, sports authority and stuff have just basic 20 dollar gloves (pink omgzlolzawwwesome!). She's not gonna be hitting hard enough for you to need to invest in anything else. Hand wraps are kinda a must, but girls don't usually enjoy the wrapping process. There are some slip on gel filled wraps that work really well and are user-friendly.

3. The Ghost

The Ghost Pain for Love

4. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver OT Supporter

thanks!

yeah she's not thrilled about the fucking pink gloves, but it seems like the popular gimmick to get sorority girls and soccer moms into kickboxing and the gloves are actually fairly solid.

I think in the end she's willing to accept them, as long as I draw some skulls on with a sharie.

5. Hillary

Hillary fukc yaeh. ew waitled long enough. nujgses of hill

Like I said man, generic sports stores. There's green, yellow, white, black, pink, red. I don't think the girl's gloves are actually made any differently. Just get the cheap ones and some gel wraps, she'll be fine.

6. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

Yeah those gel wraps are awesome and a must have for someone hitting the bag.

7. Bausk

Bausk New Member

All the girls at my gym wear regular Windy, Twins, Fairtex gloves. My wife has Twins bag gloves and Combat Sports 16oz Thai Style boxing gloves.