SRS Bouncing back from ADD and Anxiety

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TokenBlackGuy, Apr 12, 2010.

1. TokenBlackGuy

TokenBlackGuy New Member

To make a longer story short I'm a 20 year old college student and I think I may have ADD or anxiety. Right now I'm currently using a campus program to see if I have either. My question is, if I find out that I do have ADD or anxiety and I'm prescribed meds can I bounce back so I can be normal? I don't know if this is just a phase or something I'm going through because a few years ago I didn't feel like this. If I have to take meds I'd like to get off of them asap!

2. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

What are your symptoms? What wasn't there before?

3. TokenBlackGuy

TokenBlackGuy New Member

I use to be real social but now I tend to just stick to myself and I don't really like going out that much anymore, I can't focus real good anymore, my memory isn't good anymore, I get the shivers a lot, I don't like to attract a lot of attention, and the list goes on. I just really want to know that if it turns out I have it, do I have to take the medication for the rest of my life?

4. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Doesn't seem like ADD or anxiety to me. Sounds a lot more like depression. Go see a GP or if you can see a psychologist on your campus, you can just tell hum that you want to know what is it that you have. Psychologist hate to diagnose but it should be part of their job I think.

5. TokenBlackGuy

TokenBlackGuy New Member

Ok, but is it something I can bounce back from or will I be on meds for life?

6. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Depends on what the problem is. You weren't really specific about the symptoms so I think you should go see a GP and ask his advice. I would think that you won't need to take meds forever if it's depression. Might be something else since you weren't really specific though. You could take notes and bring those things that make you feel bad to your doctor and also when it happens.