Bought some Meguiars, in the tan bottle...

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Short Bus, Nov 11, 2001.

1. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

It says "The Professional" on each of them...

#6 Cleaner Wax
    #7 Show Car Glaze
    #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax

Did I get the good stuff?

How do I prep the car and use the cleaner and the polish? I know my car really needs it. Just wash it and apply it like normal wax?

2. Jay Jay

Jay Jay Guest

That Meguiars #26 is good stuff...just ask Scottwax. It's hard to find in my area. You probably only want to use that cleaner and polish like 1-2 times a year. Use that #26 once a month (minimum).

3. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

Yeah, I think I remember reading up here that it's pretty good stuff. I was actually surprised to see it at the parts store, I've never seen the stuff before. I went ahead and bought all three bottles because I've never even polished the car, much less use cleaner on it.

The car has a bit of orange peel here and there and a couple rough looking spots on the back bumper that I'm hoping I can smooth out with this stuff. That and the car has this really dull shine to it, I'd really like to brighten it up a bit.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Short Bus-if the paint is dull, then you may need to use either the Swirl Remover or Fine Cut cleaner. If you use Fine Cut, apply with a terry cloth towel, folded into 1/8s. Work one section at a time, in a back and forth motion until the cleaner looks almost clear and dry, then buff off the excess. Refold the towel to a clean spot, and proceed to the next section. Follow with the Swirl Remover, using it the same way. You can apply the Show Car Glaze with a foam hand pad, again working it into the paint until it looks nearly clear. Do the entire car, then buff off the excess. Follow with the High Tech Yellow Wax, again using a foam pad. Let dry about 10 minutes or so after covering the entire car. You do not need to cake the car with wax. If you do, not only are you wasting product, but it will take longer to dry and be a major bitch to remove.

5. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

Wow, thanks a lot for the tips. :big grin: I went ahead and used the Show Car Glaze on it and the #26 wax, and although it looks worlds better, it's not what I want. One thing I noticed was that that wax really is great stuff. Not only from the results it gave me but from just using it, it's easily the best I've ever used. It was very easy to apply, very easy to wipe off, and didn't leave any crap behind like other waxes I've used.

Here's a good shot of what I mean by "dull" shine...

[​IMG]

I took that tonight, notice the paint on the front drivers side fender. It's like that in various spots around the car. Before I bought it it had been resprayed, and they did a crappy job of it. I was hoping that I could help it out a bit.

I'm gonna save this post for reference later when I have time to spend on it again. :)

6. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Short Bus-it is hard to tell from a night-time picture, but it probably is dense orange peel or poorly applied paint that is causing the dull look.

Aren't you from Austin? If so, I will be down there the last weekend in January for a cousin's wedding. I could look at it then...