Bought More Zaino

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by IslanderOffRoad, Sep 7, 2005.

1. IslanderOffRoad

IslanderOffRoad Do you even lift kit? OT Supporter

The last time I bought their "complete" kit it lasted me 2 years with frequent waxing, probably a lot more than I needed to.

I looked at switching to Klasse, but was unsure of how "different" the results would be.

I'm by no means a sackrider, but Zaino's worked good for me.

I bought their new scratch remover stuff too, I'll be posting a review on it once it gets here. I have a few spots that need attention.

2. 396Hawk

396Hawk Active Member

I've been using Zaino since '98 and I'll probably never switch. I use Z2 Pro, Z6, Z7, , Z8, Z9, Z10 and Z18.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I tried Zaino, looks decent, lasts forever. My problem is the ZFX or Z1 requirement when applying the first layer. Kind of hard to convince customers to spend more $$$ for the extra work (applying Z1) or extra cost (ZFX ain't cheap) when I have other products that look at least as good (and some noticably better on dark colors) that have no such requirements.

If I were simply a detailing enthusiast and had a silver or pearl colored car, I might be more inclined to use Zaino.

I prefer the new nanotechnology version of Carlack68 (very similar to Klasse) since there is no mixing or initial layer of something else required. Apply a section at a time, remove and go on with your life. Seems to hold up very well, if the ZFX I have isn't dried up by now, I may try Zaino and Acrylic Jett (the name of Carlack here) side by side to see how they compare both in appearance and durability.

BTW, definitely post a review of Z-PC, some of the people on Autopia really like it, some complain it tends to dust. No real consensus. :dunno:

4. 396Hawk

396Hawk Active Member

I don't see why it is a big deal to put a coat of Z1 on the first time and for every 10 coats of Z2 or Z5... especially since you don't have to remove it before putting the Z2 or Z5 on.

I love the ZFX since I can put 3 coats on back-to-back-to-back, especially the day before or the day of a show. :bigthumb:

5. Scottwax

I prefer products that work with a single application. I really don't get the Zaino and Klasse SG layering fetish. If Zaino looked better than the stuff I use, I might put up with the somewhat more time consuming initial application but it doesn't. Just not enough payoff, IMO.

If you are happy with Zaino though, I won't try to talk you out of it. Once you get past the first application it is a piece of cake to use and lasts forever.

6. IslanderOffRoad

IslanderOffRoad Do you even lift kit? OT Supporter

I'm looking to restart my zaino as i've put a few new body pieces on my car. Gonna re-clay and everything, run the z-pc, and then re-coat hopefully sometime in Oct. I'll post pics and reviews.

7. exceldetail

exceldetail New Member

Gimmee Four Star, Optimum, and Poorboys, Ill give you what your looking for........

8. EdgeOfSanity

EdgeOfSanity OT Supporter

im just about out of my order of zaino i bought last year. Once im completly out of z2 im going to reorder everything and buy a pc to use the zpc with.
    here are my results after about 6 months and ~20 layers of zaino
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

doesnt look quite as good anymore due to the rediculous amount of swirl marks now on my car.

9. Scottwax

:werd: Toss in some Clearkote too....:)