GUN bought a rifle

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by vettefan52, Aug 27, 2006.

1. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

i went to the gun show yesterday, looked around. it wasnt that great, prices looked a little high, but whatever. ammo was a little high as well. i picked up a wasr-10 for 359, and bought 500 rounds of wolf ammo for 99 bucks. i thought it was a decent deal, nothing to write home about... its my first rifle, and i dont care. every one from now on ill start caring more. i thought this was a fair price. obviously, the gun is used. came with 2 30 round mags, knife, and other stuff that i will never use. need to get a good cleaning kit for it, i dont trust the fuckers that sold it to me. it was a pawn shop booth... after i realized that, it was too late. they did have the cheapest prices at the show though. pics if demand is high enough.

2. striker754

striker754 Chillin

eek 99 for 500 rounds. sportsmans sells it for 150 for 1k rounds

3. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

You got ripped off on the ammo but you did ok on the price of the rifle. Don't stress buying from pawn shops. Most of the time they're a lot cheaper.

4. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

yeah like i said, ammo was expensive as fuck. this place was the cheapest out of all the booths :ugh: ill never go to another gun show for ammo again, thats for sure.

looking at sportsmans, how much do they charge for shipping on a case? they hit you with the 2.50 fee for heavy load, which i understand. looks like its free shipping :eek3:

5. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

7.62x39 was the only expensive ammo that I saw at the gun show I went to yesterday. I couldn't possibly beat the price on anything else that I was looking for even online.

6. striker754

striker754 Chillin

not talking about sportsmans guide. sportsmans warehouse

7. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Current market fair price for the AK, but yeah you got raped on the ammo.

8. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

we dont have those in georgia.

9. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

I ordered 1k from sportsmans guide and it was $15 shipping and I had a $10 coupon so it was basically $5

10. Powderburn

Powderburn New Member

last week i ordered two 640-round Wolf 7.62x39 sardine cans from sportsmans guide for 199.42 after shipping. I had a coupon but didnt have it on hand when i ordered so i fucked up but it woulda been like 180 w/ the coupon.
    I was at the gunshow last weekend and actually saw more decent deals than i had in the past...as usual most of the stuff was grossly overpriced but there were good buys if you made your rounds. I find its mainly accessories that are good buys at shows. Guns and ammo tend to suffer from greedy vendoritis.