bought a new/used car from the dealership and took it home and made that baby shine

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by thomor25, Jul 10, 2005.

1. thomor25

thomor25 I make money online....

My car took a crap on the way to see batman 2 weeks ago and I was 2 states away from home so I bought a new used car, 2002 honda accord v6 ex coupe in RED with 30k miles. I happily picked my new baby up and the next morning went to work on her with dacp from meguiers and #16 my vanilla moose was at home so I haven't used that yet but I am very very happy with the results. Next chance I get I will use all 3 with a pc that I will order.

I love the mirror finish on it and I've already turned heads. Though the fact that the dealership I got it from is the only honda dealership for about 60 miles in all directions.

Thanks scott You were helpful in the past for teaching me the ways.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Parabellum

Parabellum Molon Labe!

Looks nice but you should take off the gay dealer decal. Did the car come with a service history. I'm not sure what year accords had all transmission problems but I know it was that body style.

3. thomor25

yeah right now its only for the 98-00 but the 01-02 solved that problem mostly some people are having problems with their tranny. It had a clean carfax, and it has a warrenty on everything till 100k miles or feb 2009. It was leased by a nurse that got a new accord coupe and the car was always cared for and had maint done there at that dealership so I had records. Dealership even called me 2 days later to ask me how the car was doing and how I liked it. Its really nice I like ti alot, it doesn't have as much power as I hoped but my next car will be a faster one, a wrx was just out of my price range on such short of a notice with having to get a new car.

Yeah I think I am gonna take the dealer decal off.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Nice car! Red really looks good when detailed right!

5. RenaultFreak

RenaultFreak OMG

sadly that is the one with the dodgy tranny :sad2: (and the other v6 Accords/TL-S)

6. thomor25

yeah its dogy but there is a class action lawsuit against honda of america right now over the trannys. Good thing I have till 09 or 70k more miles to have the case go to court and then I get a free tranny

7. Parabellum

Parabellum Molon Labe!

:cool: That's probably then only way I'd buy one of those.

I got an 03 v6 thinking they fixed all the transmission problems but they ended up having a recall for my year also. :hs: I think it's a different problem but still. I'm still debating on selling it now and just getting some thing else.

8. thomor25

Well you'd have just as much fun in a wrx, the v6 didn't have the power I thought it woudl. for 40 more hp you gotta shell out 4k for a comptech sc, not worth it to me.

9. thomor25

here are some pics of the system I installed in it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]