bought a new bike today.

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Guest, Apr 9, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

sold the R1 last week, put a deposit on this, picking it up in 2 weeks

[​IMG]

'02 aprilia falco
    coulda bought a 02 R1 for what this fucker ran me :ugh:

2. Hpower281

Hpower281 Guest

should have got the Titanium 02 R1...thought you knew Jap bikes got it locked down! Still very nice tho.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Why didn't I buy another r1?
    becuase squids just like you will. You can have your cookie cutter jap bike. Just hope you can find it amongst the 5 others just like it in a parking lot :rofl:

4. Platnum Toof

Platnum Toof Guest

Very sweet bike indeed.

Just like you said, its way more exclusive then the R1. Only "real" riders will know what it is and they will respect it :)

5. k27-R

k27-R gooood....goooood...

falco :cool: lol is that a bubbled mille in the background?

my next bike is gonna be european :big grin:

edit: how do you like the twin compared to your old inlines?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2002
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

ask me in 2 weeks :)

7. Vtec44

Vtec44 OG!

... and you didn't look at the new 954? :big grin: ... nice bike BTW...

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I looked at a 954, nice bike. But I wouldn't own one.

9. mike1

mike1 Dance Bish

:mad: I might trade in the R1 for that.

10. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

:cool: looks good

11. Guest

Guest Guest

diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.
    the 954 is a nice bike, I'd prefer a 02 R1 for the performance, but the 954 to avoid the squids all buying liq. silver R1s, so it's a bit of a toss up.

12. ENTROPY

ENTROPY Guest

Twins are the way to go. I have a 00 TL1000R and it rocks. Not the fastest bike, but it goes pretty good. Riding in the twisties is great with a twin because of the grunt down low.

13. k27-R

twins :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bowdown:

14. Hpower281

Hpower281 Guest

haha

kinda funny coming from someone who had a R1 about 3 weeks ago. :rolleyes:

15. MWHC22

MWHC22 Bier/Deutsch/Homebrew/ Packers/Blackhawks/Outdoor

How does the aprilia perform compared to the R1? I don't know about you but last I checked I am still a big fan of the R1. You can't go wrong with on cause it has been and probobly will be for a while one of the top 5 performing bikes in the world. Hitting 98 mphs in 2nd gear and pulling the up the front end in third gear is kinda fun.

16. Hpower281

Hpower281 Guest

shhhhhhh, Aviator might think you're a squid if you keep mentioning good things about jap bikes. :rofl:

Hpower281~~> :OP: <~~~Aviator

17. mike1

mike1 Dance Bish

:greddy:

18. k27-R

they're in totally different classes, so they shouldn't to be compared. R1 is an open class I4 sport bike, the aprilia falco is a sport touring V-twin (though, it performs very close to the Mille.).

and btw, just because a bike has more power doesn't make it better. i ride a gixxer600 and an sv650s....i have a lot more fun on the SV.

19. TRD

TRD Guest

sweet bike but i like the R1 better

20. Hpower281

Hpower281 Guest

true, but when it turns better, goes faster, picks up more chicks, AND has more power....it does make it better.

21. Vtec44

Vtec44 OG!

You don't need horsepower to turn faster, you can only go straight faster and show of those chicken stripe, and if you need a bike to pick up chicks.... um ....

22. Hpower281

Hpower281 Guest

DID I ever say you needed horsepower to turn fast? NO...I said an R1 turns better thana sv650. Learn how to read before you make smart ass comments. Sorry buddy, I don't have problems pickin up chicks. If you had any common sense you'd realize most ppl wear helmets. Chicks dont know what you look like under there....they're checkin out your bike along with your body. Now a cruiser vs. a R1.....I think they R1 takes the cake in the looks department. Someone once told me....

A wise man speaks because he has something to say; An idiot speaks because he has to say something.

guess you had to say something didnt you.

23. k27-R

uhhh an R1 does NOT turn better than an SV. unless you consider the vague front end, twitchy steering geometry, and slower turn-in better...then yes, an R1 turns better than an R1 :rolleyes: i haven't ridden a 02 R1 yet, but i know how the prior models handle.

don't talk about a bike unless you've ridden it........reading what magazines say isn't the same as getting on the actual bike :rolleyes:

24. k27-R

if you dont have the skills handle an R1 like it should be ridden, then the bike is just going to waste. and i'm not talking about putt-putting around town trying to impress the girls. i'm talking about dragging your knee, taking 130mph sweepers, etc etc... if you just talk "my bike goes faster, has more power, turns better" but have 2 inches of chicken strips on each side....then you're nothing but a poseur. it's all rider, doesn't matter what bike you're on. a bike is only as good as the rider. proof? go to your local track days and watch the SV's and Hawk GT's passing all the bigger gixxer1000's, R1's, R6's, 929's, etc.. :rofl:

25. mike1

mike1 Dance Bish

That what I'm talkin about. If you think your bad ass rider goto a track day its not that much sometimes and see if your riding that bike or is that bike riding you.