Bought a New 04 GSXR 600 Yellow/Black (Pix Inside)

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by DJMunich, May 23, 2004.

1. DJMunich

DJMunich American Eurotrash

Hey folks,

So after having a Motorcycle License for two years, I finally decided to buy a bike this weekend... I picked it up Friday (05/21/04) at HRCUSA.com Dealership here in Thousand Oaks, CA for $8,000 OTD, with 15% off Gear. You can see a copy of my invoice here (large image - 1600x1200), just for reference for anyone interested.
    For Gear, I purchased:

1. Two HJC CL-14 Fuse MC3 Helmets in Yellow/Silver/Black (One for me, One for the occasional passenger/girlfriend)
    2. Leather Joe Rocket "Blaster 2.0" Jacket in Yellow/Black/White (Not Perforated)
    3. Textile Joe Rocket "Phoenix 3.0" Jacket Yellow/Black/Grey
    4. Leather Cortech Carbon II Gloves in Yellow/Silver/Black
    5. Alpinestars S-MX 3 Leather Boots in Black
    6. Suzuki Frame Sliders - Black
    7. Suzuki Sport Full Motorcycle Cover - Blue Accent
    8. Suzuki GSXR Yellow Gel Seat
    9. Suzuki Carbon Fiber Tank Protector
    10. Kryptonite New York Disc Lock

As of yesterday(05/22/04) the following accessories are on order (I don't have 'em yet): Half of 1 (one helmet), 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, and 9. I stopped by the dealership and picked up my seat delete yesterday (which comes free with the bike), along with a Reflective Face Guard/Shield for MY helmet (which didn't come free) - the other helmet I don't care about because I don't have to wear it ;-)

Anyway, below you will find some pictures of my new crotch rocket :bigpimp:

2. DJMunich

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm hoping to replace that huge stock can with a Yoshimura or Akrapovic can soon...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. DJMunich

My HJC CL-14 Fuse MC3 Helmet in Yellow/Silver/Black with the Silver Reflective Face Guard:
    [​IMG]

The Seat Delete (usually there's a black seat there):
    [​IMG]

My Leather Cortech Carbon II Gloves in Yellow/Silver/Black:
    [​IMG]

My no frills/no bullsh1t security system (which I only plan to engage while I'm sleeping or at work):
    [​IMG]
    That chain was $5.00/foot, and I got 10 feet - which was longer than I needed, but shorter would suck even more...

I hook the chain onto my sway bar :rotf:

It took the guy at the Hardware store like 10 minutes to cut the chain... so I'm pretty confident that any would-be thief isn't gonna even bother...

4. DJMunich

Granted I'm not in the military, hence I'm not an infantryman, but I liked the image (not to mention it's the only good one I could find when I used Google Image Search). I chopped the image to read "The Battle-wise infantryman ...is CAREFUL". Originally it said, "The Battlewise infantryman ...is careful what he says or writes down." I got it off some military website or something. You can find it using GIS, keyword "careful". I just put it on to remind me to obviously be "careful":
    [​IMG]

And here's my two babies together :rotf: :
    [​IMG]

5. DJMunich

Links to the fullsize pictures (1600x1200):

Picture 1
    Picture 2
    Picture 3
    Picture 4
    Picture 5
    Picture 6
    Picture 7
    Picture 8
    Picture 9
    Picture 10

I'm thinking next up I'll get rid of those blinkers (flush mount or something), put on an Akrapovic or Yoshimura can, and I'm thinking about either 1) Putting on what I think is called "Wheel Tape" (I want a yellow stripe going around the entire outer lip of the wheel), or 2) Looking into some Spinner Wheels - although I wouldn't be suprised if they ran REAL expensive... I'm also interested in a K&N Filter possibly...

If anyone knows a couple good websites for shopping for some of this aftermarket stuff I'm looking for, I'd appreciate a link!

TIA,
    DJMunich :cool:

6. anemic

anemic Look just because were bereaved doesn't make us sa OT Supporter

Nice bike im jealous, you made out good on the price too.

7. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

Or you could learn to ride it first. :hsugh:

8. nosaj

nosaj OT Supporter

gsxr are hot bikes, but why did they make the headlight like that? I have been looking at750's but it has been raining non stop here in michigan.

9. anemic

anemic Look just because were bereaved doesn't make us sa OT Supporter

Every fucking bike thread you come in and make some comment to make sure everyone knows your the fucking expert. Get a life

10. DJMunich

Thanks folks :)

Yeah I ordered a Fender Eliminator kit last night... so that's coming in soon I assume.

Thanks again - if anyone's in the market for a new bike and needs some tips on buying one I'm more than eager to help.

Anyway, thanks again!

Ride Safe, AND Smart!

-DJMunich :)

11. GCEX

GCEX Drifting Along

:big grin: Yellow/Black represent! :bigok:

12. Wolf

Only in threads where the poster is being retarded. New rider, 04 gixxer, helmet for a yet-to-be-determined passenger, and spinner wheels?? :squint:

13. BlackCord96

BlackCord96 The Humble Magnificent.

They make spinners for bikes? :hs:

14. hippiehater

hippiehater New Member

Nice bike, but I would park it behind the truck...

15. oakie

oakie my ninja.

nice bike... i almost went for it but chose the Kawi. i just couldnt get over the stacked headlight config; go figure.

as for the "security" system, i live in Seattle, of which i have had 12 associates lose their bikes due to theft in May alone. my recommendation: get comprehensive insurance at the minimum... considering you have an S10, live in an apartment, and bought all that gear, i'm easy to assume you financed all of it, so you owe more than the just the cost of the bike. no fun to pay on shit you dont have or cant use if it gets stolen.

it may be damn near impossible for a theif to cut that chain in a short amount of time, but it takes anyone familiar with HOW A BOLT WORKS to unscrew and remove your front axle and making off with the majority of the bike in the back of a truck. if they case you, they'll probably even bring a wheel and axle from another bike, since your make a model are so prominently displayed all over the bike. to better secure it, get a coated chain and wrap it around the frame instead... no easy way to circumvent that.

take it from a guy who's been hunting bikes down for weeks now.

16. Wolf

About $3k/wheel.

17. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

Very nice. I've been drooling over the new GSX-R 600 when I first saw it at the motorcycle show in Atlanta.

...although, I'm sorry, I wouldn't choose a yellow one. :hs:

18. Wolf

The only difference is weight and comfort though. The HJC will protect him just as well as an expensive brand.

19. GoodKnight

GoodKnight New Member

Nice bike, my roommate HAD an 04 gixxer6 in blue/white. He lowsided it chasing after me in a tight turn (02 f4i). Make sure you break your tires in properly. Good job on getting gear and choosing not to ride around in shorts/flip flops.

A bike cover will help a lot with the security of your bike (try and get one that looks old and beat up).

20. oakie

oakie my ninja.

different brands fit differently. more expensive does NOT mean it fits better.

and when someone says lighter, it means by 2-3 grams nowadays... the constructions are about the same due to strict government crash performance requirements.

it doesnt matter if it's an ARAI, Suomy, or KBC... as long as it fits your head properly, meets at least DOT requirements (SNELL is better, but BSI 6658-A is best) and ventilates well enough to keep you comfortable at speed, then it's doing its job. helmets are "one time use only" anyways.

but of course, all the squids want their parents to buy them the $800 Arai helmet with graphics and shit. :greddy:

21. mitsuguy16

mitsuguy16 New Member

um actually i can totally feel the weight difference between my gf HJC and her Shoei helmet... if u go for long rides then the heavier helmet will make a lot of difference

22. DJMunich

I'm not too worried about my helmet. It works for me. Fits my head well, and isn't so heavy as to be obnoxious. Then again I don't have much experience when it comes to helmets, so I'd probably be happy with anything new. Fit is also comfortable - especially after the foam wore in to my head...

Anyway, I went into the dealership yesterday to see how all my parts that were on order were doing... and it turned out that half of the stuff they didn't even order yet. No biggie, I had a pretty big list - and not to mention I got a good deal on all of it. They said that even though I'm really ordering it today, they'd still give me the 15% off they usually give when you buy a new bike with it. Once he mentioned that, I had to ask if I could order an Exhaust right then and there, with the 15% discount applying also. I know there's a Thread in the GP Forum with 17.5% off Yoshi stuff, but I just chose to go with my local guy because any warranty or any issues would be a lot easier to sort out that way. I decided I wouldn't need the Gel-Seat, and that they should just order me an Exhaust instead. Anyway, I ordered a Yoshimura TRS (Tri-Oval) Titanium Slip-On with the Race Baffle...

I was told by the parts guy that it's "really loud"... but I decided that I'd rather have what I want - something that I KNOW is quality - than get a Zyclone Baffle and then not be happy with it (for whatever reason). The thing is, I did a similar thing with my truck - originally I was worried about a Flowmaster System being "too loud"... but when I bought a Dynomax Muffler that was supposed to be somewhere between Stock Sound & All-out Flowmaster Sound, I was really unhappy with it.

Hence the reason I decided to go with a Yoshi Race Baffle setup. Not to mention Yoshimura is teamed up with Suzuki as it is...

I also picked up my Frame Sliders the day before yesterday, as well as put them on. Below you'll find a couple pictures for anyone who's interested:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. DJMunich

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's it. I'd say they're pretty good insurance for my fairings... although I don't anticipate dropping it - but who ever does? [​IMG]

I also got my Suzuki Bike Cover today, definately makes my bike not so friggin' eye catching - which is a good thing. I'll post a couple pix of that later tonight...
    That's it. I'd say they're pretty good insurance for my fairings... although I don't anticipate dropping it - but who ever does? [​IMG]

I also got my Suzuki Bike Cover today, definately makes my bike not so friggin' eye catching - which is a good thing.

-DJMunich :)

24. DJMunich

Here's a couple pictures of my new Suzuki OEM Cover...

What I noticed today after riding (before I put it on the bike), was that it actually has a shield type thing on the inside that prevents it from melting to a hot muffler, which is nice. I was thinking I'd have to take it in my place, wait an hour, and THEN put it on. That'd suck. Glad they thought ahead to put those in.

Anyway, two quick pix:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. RBBB

RBBB New Member

Well at least your tire is safe. :big grin: