GUN bought a Hi Point 9mm compact :noes:

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by huntz0r, Feb 27, 2006.

1. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Went to a gun show Saturday. Hi Point carbines were overpriced ($180 up) and I didn't see any of the other things I wanted, except for one guy who had a CZ-52 and wanted $180 for it :greddy: Seeing tons of PA-63s and no Makarovs was also lame.

So I picked up the C-9 for $130. Haven't shot it yet since I didn't want to go near the range on a gun show weekend of all days... I may have time tomorrow.

It doesn't handle too bad, but the feed reliability remains to be seen. I actually don't dislike the way it looks, either, aside from the ridiculous-looking trigger.

2. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

i heard their ergos are shit, the triggers are shit, but they are pretty reliable..

just what I read :dunno:

not as bad as everyone claims

3. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

The C-9 doesn't look that bad. It's their full size models that look like a 4 year old designed them.

4. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

ive never shot one, but i dont have a problem with a 9mm for 130

5. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

where around charlotte do you usually go to shoot? we should have an OT meet. haha

6. PorscheRacer

PorscheRacer You see this? It means not welcome

The last show I went to only had one CZ-52 the guy wanted $199 for it. Those guns were $90 last year

7. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Shooter's Express in Belmont.

Oddly (I guess), I have never been to an outdoor range and don't know where they are.

8. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

you should come up to uwharrie on march 18th. there's a big AR15.com shoot and i'm goin. i think it's like an hour from charlotte, but it's worth it.

9. Raithan

Raithan :wackit:

I bought a HiPoint 9mm for 99$ as my first gun when I turned 21.. The thing SUCKS.. Normally I wouldn't say that, but it is truly bad. I have put approximately 200 rounds through it is all, but so far I have not made it through a magazine where at least one round did not misfeed.

Then my girlfriend wanted to try shooting it. Bad idea. Misfed even more because she didn't have the wrist support necessary to get the proper recoil.

And lastly I will mention that the tiny little compact 9mm Hi Point weighs nearly twice what my fullsize FNP9 weighs and just slightly more than my fullsize XD40.