GUN Bought A Gun While On Vacation

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by USMCsilver, Mar 21, 2004.

1. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

While on a much needed break this weekend (Cherry Grove, SC) we were cruisin' around and I swung into a pawn shop. They had Glocks for $695 and Berettas for $659 -- what a bargain. I walked over to the used case, and there was a Kimber Custom in pretty good condition. Sticker price, $549. I looked at it for a few minutes, and thought nothing more of it and went back to the house.

Well, the thing was beating on my noggin'; I couldn't stop thinking about the thing. I needed my fix -- I needed another gun! So, I figured - pawn shop - room to bargain. We went back by on the way to dinner and I asked to see it. It was in better condition than I had thought and asked the guy, "What's your no BS best offer?" (They were about to close.) He said $490. I told him I'd be back in a few and went outside to run it by the wife to make sure that was okay. I went back in, asked the guy one more time, and he said $490 out the door w/ tax and all. SOLD says I!

So, anyhow, I got me a new gun while at the beach. I also have another 1911 coming in the mail during midweek. I am an addict -- I confess!

The one coming in the mail is a AO that is in decent condition which was gotten at a bargain price! Talk crap about AO all you want, but the other AO/Colt that I have has been flawless and will outshoot even me. Anyhow, the AO will be transformed into an AO with Brown, CMC, S&A, and Wilson parts. It will have Novaks riding on top while colored in a dazzeling PINK SLIDE, BLACK FRAME, and SILVER PARTS. Obviously, it will be for the wife. Y'all stay tuned now, ya hear?!?

(Pictures to follow when I get back home to my camera

2. Welsh0913

Welsh0913 OT Supporter

3. -RUNNR

-RUNNR Insanely truthful

Pink slide? oh my

4. mixwell

mixwell weakkutz

haha good job man! those are pretty good deals. Get back from the range and report to us!! Gotta love them 1911's huh?? good choice on sights also, i love Novaks

5. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

Just got back. Pretty sweet gun. This is my 3rd 1911 on hand. I just sold my Wilson CQB about a month ago -- no biggie, it was over rated anyway.

Picture as promised...

[​IMG]

6. mixwell

mixwell weakkutz

gotta love the hogue grips...

7. Vatoloco

Vatoloco In a pinch, though, you could jam it into someone'

Ouch!

Good buy on the Kimber. I need a 1911 but right now I can't even afford a mil-spec Springfield.