GUN Bought a G23

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Yeemix, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Yeemix

Yeemix My Doggah!

Hey everyone, thanks for the advice on choosing my gun. I ended up with a G23 instead of the G19 because the shop I stopped by had a good deal on the Glock. Here's a little story about the gun if you're interested.

I picked up an OD Glock 23 based on the sale they had, and the reason for the sale was that the OD model has been sitting in the case for a while, and they just want to move the gun. So I thought, fuck it, color doesn't really matter. I get my hand gun cert., buy the gun, and the 10 day wait begins.

Later that day, the shop leaves me a voicemail saying that the gun is actually used, and that it was a returned item. WTF??:madfawk:

I have no problems buying a used Glock, but telling me one thing, and then telling me an entire different story about the gun, that's not right. So I can either pay the 20% restocking fee, or keep the gun. Damn, what a weak way to start my gun ownership. Thanks for reading.

2. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

Whats a waiting period :mamoru:

3. Yeemix

Yeemix My Doggah!

Yup, CA gun laws FTL :down:

4. Y2kAccord

My waiting period is the time is takes for the guy to take my money :mamoru:

My friend has a G23, he likes it, its a bit small for my hand.

5. Jon91SE

Jon91SE OT Supporter

So they fail to tell you its used and make you pay a restocking fee if you dont want it anymore? wow, cool gun shop

6. sprite

sprite Active Member

Were you originally told it was new... or did you never clarify that with the dealer?

If you were originally told it was new, and then after the purchase told it was used and they want a 20% restocking fee.. I'd stop payment with the bank/cc company, file a complaint with the local BBB, tell that shop to stick their 20% restocking fee up their ass and never do business with them again.

7. Yeemix

Yeemix My Doggah!

Most definitely, I specifically asked if the gun was new, and the lady assured me it was. When she left the message, they told me the gun was a returned item, and it was used, but "Glock has a great warranty." Yeah, I know they do, but you guys sure suck as customer service.

I'm never going back there again, and I won't be recommending people to that shop either, but what's done is done, I still have a great pistol, at a decent price (for a used gun), and I finally own my own Glock. I'm sure once I put a few hundred rounds through the gun, I won't be dwelling on the past, unless it goes KB...

8. Y2kAccord

Unless you got a absolute killer deal, I would take the gun back and call your CC Company and never go back again.

9. Sssnake

Sssnake meh

That is fraud and in many cases illegal if they KNOWINGLY told you it was new to get the sale. (similar to the bait and switch) I agree, return the gun, cancel your credit card, tell them that you won't pay the restocking fee because you were sold the gun under false pretenses, contact Better Business Bureau and file a report.

Now, if it was an accident based on the sales person's lack of knowledge, then they still should offer to take it back with no restocking fee. The fact that they want you to pay 20% is a ripoff.

10. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

:werd: It will be like this as soon as I turn 21. But thats 11 months from now.
    Until then the only way I can get a rifle instantly is if I give my dad the money and he buys it for me

11. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

That 20% restocking fee is bullshit...

How good of a deal is this on a G23? I can't imagine it being that great if they were telling people it was a New Gun.

12. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

:werd:

How much are you paying for it?

13. Want2race

Want2race Fearless

Um.. IN GA you have to say if its new or not on the paperwork.

But they have committed "Bait and Switch" which the solisitors office will prosecute on your behalf..

I would def tell them to keep the gun on principle..

14. Yeemix

Yeemix My Doggah!

Ha, you guys are probably going to laugh, but keep in mind I live in CA, and in my area, this was the best deal I found. I looked into getting one shipped to a FFL and pay those fees, but it ended up pretty much the same or more, some of those FFL guys charge a lot! But the price was $499 for the G23.

As an update, I called the shop again today and very calming and politely I told them I thought it was wrong the way I got such a raw deal, and the guy told me the lady who sold me the Glock was new, and wasn't sure of their inventory. I asked if they could waive the restocking fee because of that, and he told me the owner wasn't around to grant that.

So fuck it, I'm going to keep the gun. What goes around, comes around, and if they keep up this kind of service, it will catch up to them eventually. On a lighter note, I'm a new gun owner!! Time to hold my gat sideways and bust caps up and down da hood! :rofl:

15. Want2race

Want2race Fearless

Sorry buddy, your a pushover!

If you cant stand up for youself now. chances are you wont you a gun to stand up for yourself later..

16. Yeemix

Yeemix My Doggah!

It's not that, some things in life are worth it, some aren't. I got burned from the purchase, but this pretty much happens to everyone at least once in their life. I have had worse, and of course karma reaches me too, my past definitely isn't spotless. Yeah, I'm basically making excuses, but I didn't buy a gun so I feel more of a man and start fighting back every time something goes wrong in my life, I just really like shooting guns. Perhaps my relax view of life doesn't quite fit with society's stance, but I've done pretty well so far.

17. Yeemix

Yeemix My Doggah!

Wow, the good news keeps rolling in. I'm around Sacramento too, and everywhere I checked this was the lowest price. This day just keeps getting better and better. So much for going to gun stores for help, that's what I get for not consulting with OT first.

<-----Chump of the month

18. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

Yeah, $499 is getting on the high end for a new glock. That gun store sounds like a bunch of douchebags.

19. Y2kAccord

does top glock sell to CA?

20. tell them to give you $50 back and you'll take it

21. Y2kAccord

I :love: my $10 FFL