Bought a foriegn dvd

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by B-Lo, Mar 11, 2002.

1. B-Lo

B-Lo The new beast mode :x:

And it will play on my computer but not on my toshiba dvd ! Is there something I can do besides use my video output? Is there a way to get it to work on the toshiba?

2. B-Lo

How does one go about modifing the DVD?

3. B-Lo

On my computer I put it on region 6 australia and it worked

4. BobyYoo

BobyYoo Guest

be careful... most computer dvd player only let you change the region setting 4 times... so if you go over it... it will be set at the last region you set at... and cannot change it anymore after that

just click on you dvd properties.. and you can see if you got 4 setting or maybe your dvd is region free

5. B-Lo

Hmmm someone told me I can remove it at a dvd shop is this true....??

6. B-Lo

Hmmm is there a ccode i can change for that?

7. BobyYoo

BobyYoo Guest

the only way, it would be to flash the firmware... you will need to do a search for your specific drive

but be careful again... if you screw up the firmware update... then your dvd would not work anymore

8. B-Lo

Hmm not worth it then...I only have 4 trys

9. chibi

chibi Guest

apex-1500.... buy it at circuit city for 69 bucks and use the online cdr hack for it.. check www.vcdhelp.com..

after hacking the firmware... man that thing will play ANYTHING you throw at it.. not bad for 69 bucks either.. make sure you get the right one that is hackabe htough.. some arent hackable.. with a SV at the end of the serial.... the ones with A,B,C, or D at the end will work fine with the cdr hack.

hope this helps. :)

10. BobyYoo

BobyYoo Guest

the problem with those apex is the quality build, i have heard so many bad stories about them... skipping, bad image, no good...etc...

11. kazimer

kazimer New Member

i have no problems with my apex....sure there is a bit of flickering, but every dvd player i used, flickered a bit...........image quality is superb
    at least for me it is :)

12. chibi

chibi Guest

my apex works fine too. supposedly most people say the image quality is bad.. but it looks normal to me, im using high quality rca monster cables "sorry apex dont have components in the back" on a small 20 inch wega and the picture looks good. Whenever i play a dvd i havent had any problems either with little bits of flickering?? the only flickering i've had was with svcds.. but thats my own fault while encoding them on my computer.