WEB Bought a flash intro v.halp!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DigiCrime, May 24, 2009.

1. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

I'm new to flash I have the concept down a little but not enough to do one from scratch so I bought a flash template to educate and experiment with, was $70. There are two buttons that link to the site that I bought it from you can edit them per the instructions but problem I am having is there is a certain part of the button you click on and you go to that site you got it from instead of what you linked it to. I cannot find where you can edit this out doesn't look like you can unless I'm that flash retarded ?

2. Die Antwoord

Die Antwoord New Member

The links you need to edit are located in the action script of the flash file. It's pretty much the same as any other programming language.

3. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

Right, however the original sites link still exist. Lets say the button is 90 pixels in length. If I select the button only 60 of it is selected and the action menu to come up and I can put in an anchor. But the remainder of the 30 is not selected which if you click on it will direct you to the the original URL (on finished movie) In the flash editor the action menu is shadowed out on this portion of the button. Thats the part I can't change its like there are two links on the button just depends where you click on it similar to an area map on a flat image. So I'm wondering if thats just the nature of buying templates your stuck with the authors work or can it really be changed

4. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

5. maxxpower

maxxpower OG Lauren Crew - Observer OT Supporter

ifl, i might be able to help when i get home tonight.

6. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

Thanks. This might help you understand what I'm talking about

Here, you can select the image to edit and the properties come up for you to add a link but notice only portion of it is selected, thats the text outline

[​IMG]

If I select the button itself, there is no anchor options there but in the finished movie you can click outside that text and it takes you to another link

[​IMG]