SRS Boss trying to hook me up with a girl

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BigBadJohn, Jul 17, 2009.

1. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

My boss is trying to set me up with a friend of a girl hes been seeing.
    From what hes told me shes 18. Im 23
    Last sunday he took a picture of me and sent it to her friends phone
    After work she messaged me to see if I was going to the bar with steve (my boss)
    I call her back (as my phone will not allow me to send messages for some reason)
    No answer but I leave a message telling her my friend is already on his way over from 2 hours away and Im dirty and tired from work

I call her a couple other times trying to get a hold of her
    Today when I go in to work, my boss accuses me of not calling her
    He shows me a picture of her from when he was hanging out with both girls yesterday. Shes pretty cute. Very petite. Not much ass or tits but I dont really care. As long as she isnt frickin huge.

I go outside and try again. Again, no answer and I leave a message

Boss tells me her friend messaged him and said she was in the shower and try again later (second time shes used this excuse, how many showers does this bitch take that I always call her while shes in the shower?)

I do try again later and tell my boss no answer again. He says Im lying, so he dials the phone and listens til the voicemail comes up. Then he finally believes me

Later that day he gets a hold of this girl hes been seeing and she says that since shes 18, shes scared I might try and take advantage of her (yet she still wants to meet me apparently)

This makes me feel shitty for some reason that someone would think that of me

After work while talking to a friend I tell him what she said, and he said I would be the last person hed think would take advantage of anyone

Just wondering if this bish is crazy or not (moreso than most women)

I do admit, I feel a little wierd thinking of seeing an 18yo as I was looking for someone a little more my age, but right now, Im not in any place to be picky

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  2. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

Be careful, guard your heart and be wise about the entire thing.

Treat her with utmost respect and treat her like a noble girl but do realize that girls that age tend to be flaky and insecure.

3. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

Im def insecure too
    I have very little self esteem :sad2:

I think she partly expects me to take advantage of her is my boss is a dick and he said she told him he wasnt being very nice to her. And since she hasnt met me she might think im like my dickhead boss (who has no morals and cheats on his wife, although hes supposedly going through a divorce, I still dont think thats right)

4. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

Abandon the concept of self esteem. Go beyond that.

Why measure your self esteem? I don't. I go into all situations without thinking about that. All I need is a little preparation beforehand and some time to get myself together and I walk into a situation with the goal of pleasing others without thinking about myself (as best I can.)

You don't need self esteem, or the concept of it. Ever. It really doesn't exist and if it were a State I would not recognize it.

You just need to look the best you can, no matter what your physical condition, work out for an hour and really get the blood flowing, buy some vitamin water for the Niacin in it and that will help with stress levels and aim to please.

When a negative impression arrives you just turn that into a positive impression. If someone insults you, respond with blessings. Turn anger into sweetness. Do it well.

Other then that, self esteem? That's just a made up word.

5. Pepe

Pepe New Member

she is 18, she deserves to be broken in, you might as well do it

6. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

That is shallow. I think the thread starter is a bit more profound then you think.

7. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

So tell your boss to set something up where you all can go out and meet up maybe she'll be more comfortable in a group :dunno:

8. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I would tell my boss to stay my boss and not get involved in my personal life. He wants to introduce me to someone, fine, but shepherding the relationship is way out of bounds.

9. 7960

7960 New Member

DO NOT DO IT.

If something goes bad between you and this girl, then she's going to bad mouth you to her friend who has a direct line to your boss.

10. OniMinion

OniMinion ...recalls when this forum was actually about cars OT Supporter

You really do need to weigh in on the fact that SHE'S 18! What were you doing last year? 'Cause she was at prom! It sounds like you desire a relationship, probably a lasting one - do you think in five years you two will be in the same spot when it comes to life decisions? I'll tell you right now, between now and 21 she is going to change drastically.

As crass as this statement maybe, it may in fact not be that far off target. Odds are your role could very well just be breaking her in. I'm telling you cause you already seem to sense the difference in age being a huge separation. Good luck no matter what you decide.

11. OniMinion

I thought about this as well. Inter-office intercourse is never a good idea.

12. Sgt. Friday

Sgt. Friday Guest

well this wouldn't exactly be inter-office intercourse.

I own my own business, a few of my employees have dated and one couple got married. I like to think I run a tight ship, therefore when we catch wind of employees engaging in personal relations we make it clear to both parties that it's accepted as long as performance doesn't fall off. In all instances, performance went UP...

13. Sgt. Friday

Sgt. Friday Guest

on a side note, how many times are you calling this girl in 1 day? :ugh:

dude, 1 call and that's it...chasing her like you are is making you seem desperate.

14. PcH

PcH Guest

You wanna get your dick wet, but listen to this post.

15. 7960

7960 New Member

this is even worse than inter-office............he's going to be going after his boss's g/f's friend, so office politics wont' even come into play.

when this girl feels he did something she didn't like, she's going to tell her friend who is going to tell his boss.

when bossman said "I want to hook you up with......" his answer should have been "no, thanks." If he pushed it, his answer should have been "hey, I really don't want to mix my work and personal lives, thanks."

this has nowhere to go but bad.

16. Sgt. Friday

Sgt. Friday Guest

plus, she's 18...walking drama show

17. 7960

7960 New Member

18. Sgt. Friday

Sgt. Friday Guest

:hsugh: unless she looks like Kelly Ripa or Longoria ...

19. Dodger Blue

Dodger Blue OT Supporter

Biggest problem I have with dating somebody 18 and 19 is that a lot of girls change when they are allowed to start going clubbing and even change more when they start going to bars. But of course not all girls do that but if they want to you might see a change.

20. OniMinion

How about after they get their college education? Or the finally live on their own? The list is long... I don't think it's just girls either, people in general change SO MUCH between 18 and 25 years.

21. Sgt. Friday

Sgt. Friday Guest

22. 7960

7960 New Member

if you're 23 dating an 18 year old, the goal isn't a long term relationship.

23. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Move on. Seriously, move on.

24. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Keep trying to hang out with her, but also meet other girls and hang out with them too. Keep your options open.

25. djshotglass

djshotglass New Member

:werd:

Hit it and quit it. Use her and lose her.