Boss Audio anyone??

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Lanzar, Nov 25, 2003.

1. Lanzar

Lanzar OT Supporter

I am looking at an MP3 player they make and can't find any reviews on it anywhere, it's the MP3-3080R and I'm sure it's not a great head unit or anything but for $122 I can't really complain, any experiences with them?

2. ixlr8

ixlr8 New Member

i know their amps have a 5 year warranty if that helps any

3. 04

04 Guest

I personlly would spend another 20-30 dollars and get a unit by a more reputable brand. However, if they really do have a 5 year warranty, and its got all the features you need, the Boss may work just fine if money is tight.

4. tommyortom

tommyortom New Member

5. 04

04 Guest

tommyortom:

None of those amplifiers you listed are likely to put out their rated power.

Even along same brand lines, I have a Lanzar vibe 1200d, but it cost 250 dollars and puts out a maximum constant power of around 1200 watts. The ones that say they put out 2000 watts and are 150 dollars most likely put out 500 or less.

What are you planning on using the amplifier for? That will help you determine the best amp for the job.

6. Lanzar

Lanzar OT Supporter

Ok I found a blaupunkt one I am going to get, but there's one problem I can't find the wiring harness anywhere that hooks the deck up to the univeral one that is already in my car, anyone know where to find these things? 95 neon if that helps...

7. 04

04 Guest

8. Lanzar

Lanzar OT Supporter

Wow, there's a lot of stuff on that site, but I still can't find the harness I need :(

9. Lanzar

Lanzar OT Supporter

Well I finally decided, I got me a Pioneed DEH-P5500MP.. I hope I'm happy with it, but it can't be any worse than what I already have :)