Bose Centerpoint on Mazda 3

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by scotty, Jul 16, 2009.

1. scotty

scotty why don't you take a seat right over there? OT Supporter

Wondering if this sun roof / sound system package is worth the extra $1300 in this 2010 Mazda 3i Touring.

Bose Centerpoint Surround Sound System, 242 watts, 10 speakers, AudioPilot 2 technology.

2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Meh. Bose is pretty overrated; you can match the sound quality with a good set of aftermarket component speakers, a good headunit, and a bunch of clean silver-solder joints. Don't even really need amps with the headunits these days, unless you want it to sound really clean when you've got it cranked way up.

That being said, if you don't want to go through the trouble of installing your own stereo, and depending on how much money you make, $1300 might be worth saving yourself a few evenings of turning yourself into a pretzel to run wire.

3. scotty

scotty why don't you take a seat right over there? OT Supporter

I honestly don't know shit about car audio so there is probably no way I could do it myself unless I spend a lot of time reading up on it. I think I might just dish out the extra money to go for this package. Thanks for the info.

4. BlkDrgnZ28

BlkDrgnZ28 OT Supporter

well if you just do a head unit they make the headunits have univerasal clips between them or best buy every month or so has deals where if you buy not the cheapes bobo headunits they'll install them for free. the worst part of putting in a new headunit and taking the door panels off is just trying to find all the hidden screws and clips so that you don't mark up the doors