SRS bored

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Drunkenmarauder, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Drunkenmarauder

Drunkenmarauder New Member

**after reading over it, i realize that i'm not actually looking for advice or support, i just want to have someone to bitch to.

i can't stand going to parties where other people are wasted off their asses doing stupid shit anymore. i find most of the people at my school boring. my best friend graduated last year. i feel no real connection with anyone. sure, i'm a senior now, and i know tons of people who would stop if they saw me to strike a conversation, but i find them hollow, meaningless, a charade. getting to know people used to be fun and engaging - to have them detail their lives and interests and passions ... but now it's almost too easy. they all want to talk about themselves. you just have to ask the right questions. and it's boring. there's usually nothing special about anyone. i find nothing they have to say interesting. i'm tired of academia. i want out of school so bad. it's all bullshit. relationships, even with the most amazing people, depresses me. it's fun for a few weeks, then i can't stand the person. in crowds, i used to run my mouth a lot for no reason, piss a lot of people off, impress a lot of people. that was my game. i don't care for that anymore. it no longer matters to me either way. i've changed. i'm bored.

a few years ago, i might have just turned to games or tv shows, but i got bored of those as well. i'm 21, and it feels like i'm already counting off days until i die, but i don't have the balls to kill myself. what now?

2. ldaggerl

ldaggerl New Member

You need to lighten up and have some fun.

3. Drunkenmarauder

oh, but sir, i do.
    outside of work, i do jazz band, i do boxing and capoeira and fencing, i do blues dancing. every weekend, i do parties where i talk and dare (and often fail - not always, though). every day, except monday, i hang out with one or two different amazing friend.
    yet i'm still bored. i feel uninspired. not content. it is as though i've drunk from the bitter cup of life so thoroughly that there are so few tastes left for me to seek out and enjoy.

4. Socrates

Socrates New Member

I would probably feel bored and uninspired too if I had a superiority complex and couldn't find anything valuable about anybody.

5. JBunni

JBunni New Member

:werd:

6. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

pretty much on target here. Your life is boring because you won't/connect to other people in a meaningful way.

We're social creatures by nature.

7. Drunkenmarauder

it's not that i can't find anything valuable in people, it's just rare. and i try. it's not like i don't try, damnit. maybe some problems are more deep-seeded than what can be fixed by the pop-psychobabble "fix your life by fixing your attitude" bullshit.
    and i never said that i was better than anyone else. take your accusations elsewhere.

8. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Your first post is way more indicative of how you feel about other people than you simply saying "I didn't say that!"

Usually the people who say "I don't want any advice" are the ones who don't want to hear the advice because they think that nobody could possibly give them more valuable information than they could come up with themselves.

Even they way you lashed back out at me with the "take your accusations elsewhere" shows your inability to handle criticism.

Everything about you, based on this post, has an "I'm better than everybody" tone to it.

I'm not attacking you. I used to think I was better than everybody. Consciously, I didn't think I was better than everybody. The therapist quickly brought it out in me and I realized what my real beliefs were.

9. Drunkenmarauder

So it's all my fault, then? I'm just too hotheaded, arrogant and quick to take offense?
    I don't see how that's helpful or insightful, even if you're right. It doesn't change the fact that I'll feel that my life is a boring shit stain on the face of the earth. What do you have to say about that?
    Let's say that I've tried doing many different things. Let's go back and say that I still hate the bullshit that school spouts. Let's also say that I used to be very sociable and self-deprecating as a form of humor to get to know people, but all it resulted in was gross amounts of disrespect. What do I have left?