bored

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by low20, Sep 10, 2006.

1. low20

low20 Member

me and my gf have been going out for almost 2 years....were both pretty busy but still get to see eachother prolly 5 or 6 times a week for a few hours each time....i find that we always end up doing the same thing...watching TV...its fine to relax and watch some tv, but I get bored really quickly and Im usually not into the shows she likes, but its her house so her choice....im not saying we never watch anything good, but theres usually nothing on so we watch stupid stuff...anyway, since were both really busy when we do hang we usually both just wanna relax so thats why we end up watching tv...

im just looking for some suggestions of what you guys do with your SO when your tired but bored. i can only watch so much tv before i start feeling really stupid. sometimes we will play Uno or scrabble but usually not....were almost always hanging out at night so nothings really open to go do stuff...i dono, i just find myself getting bored a lot doing the same old stuff..not bored with her, just bored of tv lol...any suggestions...were both 22 but she works and im finishing up school so we only go out to the bars and stuff on wekends...

2. big 1

big 1 New Member

yep.... i have been stuck in that rut before,with my exboyfriend. we had no money, so wed just watch tv.
    we would overcome this problem by doin g things outdoors. we would frequently go on walks in the local park, and have picnics.....wed people watch and become closer in the process.

3. low20

low20 Member

yeah good ideas thanks...the biggest problem is that she has odd hours, so usually she doesnt get home till 10pm so its too late for that kinda thing...she works alternate weekends and when shes not working shes working at home so its hard to find time other than nights right now...i donno, it sucks tho..shes always tired as well..

4. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

This is a pretty dangerous point to get to in a relationship... if it goes on she's gonna start to get bored of you, and from there it's just a matter of time till you're history. I've been through it myself.

A couple of things you want to do to correct this. Don't spend so much time at her place, drop back to 3-4 nights instead of 5-6, and then when you do see her, try to do something a little more interpersonal, preferably out of the house. You're not interacting when you just sit on the couch and watch TV, and when you're not interacting you're just dead weight.

Her being tired all the time is not just a sign that she needs to go to bed earlier, it's a sign that she's not enjoying herself. If you were out on a date with the most awesome chick you'd ever met, and you'd been up for 22 hours beforehand, you wouldn't be sitting there complaining about it.

5. PSUPef2K

PSUPef2K #Elite member

interesting perspective. My recent relationship got to that point...but we did do different things and it helped. What killed us was distance, and the traveling between eachothers houses on weekends just got to both of us and it was more like work than anything else. It was a mutual breakup, very civil, no bitterness, and actually I was happy and thought it was for the best, initially. Recently I find myself missing her more and more, and second guessing the decision to break up. :hs:

6. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

go out for a walk together? Go to the park? GET THE FUCK out of the house? Sitting around watching TV together is not an active relationship. Take up a sport or hobby? Learn to dance together, take up cooking together, At a pottery class or something.

that Tired sensation is the boredom. as soon as you get up and do something interesting the energy will be back.

7. low20

low20 Member

i know, like i said, all good suggestions...its just tough to do a lot of stuff at 10:30 at night besides hang in the house...places are closed and people drive nuts around here...u go for a walk and never come back and he backroads arent lit...sucks...