SRS Bored with my life

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Headstrong, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Headstrong

Headstrong New Member

i'll keep it simple. I'm fucking bored. I live in an area with about 170K+ metropolis area (if you want to call it that) . I've never thought of moving. My parents and family are here. I'm 29. Same company for 5 years and I'm moving up every other year, so I guess you can say I'm advancing. I go out on the weekends but it's the same shit. Weekdays I go to work, come home, play on the computer and go to bed. It's a gah damn routine that sucks. in love with a chick I can't have and i've thrown that possibility out. No kids. I don't find myself to be a bad looking guy, I like meeting new people but I don't go out of my way to do it. It's not that important to me. I don't really initiate much. I just don't care about much. >shrug< Maybe that's why it's so boring. I really don't know where to go with it. sometimes I'm happy, but most of the time I'm bored and don't really see much changing.

2. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

start working out, try to meet someone new. give up on her. you will be happier.

3. polishillusion

polishillusion New Member

i refuse to believe you have done everything you want in life.

Phd?

Sky diving?

med school?

I mean, at your age the possibilities are endless. '

how are you in love with a "chick you can't have"? thats an oxymoron.

4. Headstrong

Headstrong New Member

i just don't know what else to do.

I don't need one. I know what I'm going to do and how I'm going to do it.

eventually.

Not interested

Then why do I keep thinking 29 is borderline?

she's married. I just don't see her leaving her SO anytime soon. she said she is eventually, but I don't think she is. Why? I don't know. so I have to keep my options open. Yeah, yeah, yeah. If there's anything the OT looks down upon, it's seeing married women.

5. TiffanyTJB

TiffanyTJB New Member

Can you get a hobby so you will have something else to do besides come home from work and play on the computer?
    Maybe you can join a book club or bowling team, dart league, kickball team, etc.
    Take a class like learning to sail or do rock climbing, or cooking, or learn a language.

Your life is going to be what you make it. Don't just sit there, make your life happen.

6. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Why haven't you thought of moving?

7. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

I think you're putting limits on things that shouldn't have them.

Change these "routines", stop doing them. Start something new. Hobby, gym, walking.. something.

Let's go over something here:

Stable Job? Check.
    Goals / Ambitions / Short Term Plan? Check.
    Mental Stability? Check.

You have three things that a person needs in life. Stop dwelling on why your life is boring, and start acting on making it interesting.

Noones going to give you sympathy when you're choosing to do the same things over and over.

Oh, and about the love / female situation; Forget about her. Like you said, she's probably not leaving her SO, and if she does, it won't be for a while. I think you need to start looking for other woman.

If you go out, buy that cute girl next to you a drink. When she finds out from the bartender / waiter/waitress that it came from you, she'll initiate a conversation. If not, she's not interested. Move to the next one.

8. Redbeard

Redbeard OT Supporter

find a way to meet normal people -> gain normal friends -> normal friends have girls that are hawt -> date hawt friends friends -> marry -> inpregnate -> raise super star children -> profit