GUN Bored at work, help me upgrade my AR and G17

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Rip The Jacker, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Rip The Jacker

Rip The Jacker New Member

For the AR I already have the usual Magpul shit, including the MOE hanguard. I was thinking of adding a sling, light, and foregrip. As well as an optic of some sort. Just trying to keep it simple and cheap.

For the light I just want to put on a G2, unless someone recommends something else in the same price range. No idea what mount to get for it though.

Same with the sling, maybe a viking tactics :dunno: Dont know which sling mounts to get.

Dont know anything about foregrips.

For the optic I was thinking Aimpoint ML2.

Now for the Glock I need some sights and some simple stuff for the trigger. I think Yar was selling stuff people are happy with? Also want a light for it.

Both blasters are going to be for HD mostly, probably a carbine course down the road if I dont get anything new by then.

2. I have a BlueForceGear UDC sling that I attach to a Magpul ASAP. I like it. If you want a 2 point sling, people seem to like the Vickers sling.

How much are you seeing ML2s for? The ML3 has 5 times the rated battery life, though if the ML2 is considerably cheaper you could buy a lot of batteries with the money you save. Another option is the C3, which is the same thing as the ML3 but with less waterproofing (the ML3 is rated to 135' the C3 is rated to 15')

3. Rip The Jacker

I've seen ML2's go with Larue mounts for $350-400 :dunno:

4. sprite

sprite Active Member

Sights... Warren Tactical Sevigny Carry, tritium front, plain rear. Don't touch the trigger for an HD gun IMO.

5. sprite

sprite Active Member

I have a padded VCAS that I like a lot but the Viking sling is pretty popular too and cheaper. Only thing I don't like about the padded VCAS is that it is long (to accomodate armor/rigs I'd imagine)... I have it adjusted as short as it goes and it still just a hair longer than I'd like. Mine is set up on QD swivels... I like the low profile and easy on/off without worrying about fastex buckels or sling tails hanging off the rifle.

VTAC sells G2 / light mount combos on their site. Probably the best bang for your buck if you sticking with the "affordable quality" theme.

6. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

There ya go, find a class in your area, or plan a trip to one. After training with your weapons, you'll learn what you want/need and what to leave at home.

7. seismic

seismic New Member

In for Glock sight recommendations... looking for night sights on a G19 that I would like to carry. Is "Sevigny Carry, tritium front, plain rear" the way to go? What size?

8. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

You need a foliage MOE trigger guard :big grin:

9. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

I have the standard VTAC sling and love it, the padded version probably would be more comfortable for prolonged carrying but that's not really an issue for me.

10. Rip The Jacker

I dunno if I like the plastic mount :dunno:

I dont think there are going to be many classes until spring again.

Already have the metal one. What I need to do is order some pmags from you :hs:

11. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

Let me know beforehand so I can hook you up with better pricing.

12. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

Without knowing where you are I can't say for sure. But here in OR we train and offer classes all year long. The shorter days help out with night fire and low light training.

As to sights, I've had good luck with Meprolights, although I use XS Big Dots now, I can focus on the front sights without my contacts or glasses.

13. Rip The Jacker

Wisconsin, not alot of classes in general.

Thats the other thing I was going to post about...I cant shoot for shit with both eyes open. I see two guns.

14. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

I love my Big Dots. Use them on my carry gun.