Bootcamp Windows XP install automatically ejects CDs

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by BwanaKuu, Mar 22, 2009.

1. BwanaKuu

BwanaKuu New Member

So I have Windows XP installed on my Black MacBook. Everything works fine except whenever I try to put a CD in the drive (a game for example), it sounds like it's trying to read the CD for a minute and then it just ejects it. The DVD-RW drive in My Computer never recognizes the CD either.

Anything I can do to get this thing to read CDs?

2. BwanaKuu

BwanaKuu New Member

3. DouggieJ

DouggieJ OT Supporter

How did you ever successfully install it if it won't recognize the CD? How did you install the drivers disc?

4. BwanaKuu

BwanaKuu New Member

That's the only time it worked. I installed XP quite a few months ago and haven't tried installing games until recently when this problem started cropping up.

5. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

I have a somewhat similar problem right now. I just installed Vista on my MacBook. Since I'm currently out of state, I only brought a copy of my Leopard DVD. Vista loads up fine, but when I load my copy of Leopard to install drivers, nothing comes up. The disc shows up on my computer as a DVD-Rom with nothing on it. I load other DVD/CD's and they show up just fine. So now I'm trying to figure out a way to make a Driver DVD, but Boot Camp doesn't give me the option. I remember it used to give you the option of burning a Driver CD/DVD, but that might have been before Leopard. I'm gonna search to see if I can just download a driver CD.

6. DouggieJ

DouggieJ OT Supporter

You can find the drivers CD image like this:

Find Boot Camp Assistant in Utilities, right click, pull down Show Package Contents.

Go to Contents->Resources and right click on DiskImage.dmg, select Open With-> Disk Utility. Select the image from the panel at the left and click Burn. Insert blank CD and burn. Restart into Windows once the CD is burned and install the drivers.

7. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

for some reason I can't seem to find DiskImage.dmg in my Resources folder. Is it hidden? I'm gonna just look for a torrent of the Driver disc.

Edit. I found the drivers online. I'm posting this from my MB running Vista. I haven't actually gotten to sit down and play with Vista before, so I'm gonna check it out and see how it compares to XP.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009