Bootcamp Issues

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mobbarley, Jul 16, 2006.

1. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

Installed bootcamp, followed the installer through, got to the windows installer and only one partition was listed (as unknown with the entire drives capacity). I didnt delete the partition, or format it. Rebooted to attempt to boot mac osx and found that the partition was corrupt. :rolleyes:

After doing a google I found that some other people have run into this so I just reinstalled the OS. While reinstalling I partitioned a 30GB Fat32 partition to save using the bootcamp wizard's partitioning tool again.

Now after setting osx up again & running through the wizard again it recognises the partition and goes straight to the installing windows phase. The windows installer however still only sees one partition with the whole drives capacity :crying:

Im going to format the small partition again now & try that. Any other ideas? :x:

2. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

PS: 20" iMac, winxp sp2 corp cd.

3. Immortal1

Immortal1 New Member

did u figure it out yet? i have a 20" too and the process was fucked the first time because my xp cd didnt have sp2.

works fine now.

4. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

my first attempt was actually with an sp1 cd :o Did you have the same problem with stuffed partitions?

Havent had a chance to reformat it yet, getting late, i'll try tomorrow night.

5. Icedog

Icedog New Member

I did my first install w/ sp1 disc but it worked out fine, I just couldn't install from the driver install CD. After I got an SP2 disc, everthing worked out just fine.

6. Rev. Johnny Vegas

Rev. Johnny Vegas Rectal Ventriloquist

I'm probably going to attempt a BootCamp install later this week with Vista, even though the BootCamp website says it won't work. I'm acquiring a WinXP SP2 install disk just incase the Vista install goes south and backing up the contents of MB's HDD.

7. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

okay so bootcamp stuffed both partitions first time, second time I created a fat32 partition from the start, windows installer wouldnt recognise that either.

Third time I decided to use bootcamp wizard again & its worked! Awesome..

But lets hope whatever comes with 10.5 wont be as quirky.