Bootcamp is fucking me over and all I want to do is play BF2.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Immortal1, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Immortal1

Immortal1 New Member

So I sit down and hit the BF2 icon and my iMac coreduo 2.0ghz with 2 gb of ram just freezes up. This hasn't ever happened so I thought it odd. I tried ctrl+alt+delete etc. and nothing worked so I did a manual restart. I tried to boot into Xp again. This time, I logged in, Steam login popped up as usual and 10-15 seconds later it restarts itself.

So moving on, I decide to boot into OSX and that works fine minus the fact that my desktop background was blue when it should be one of like 10 pics I have on a rotation. I repaired disk permissions and then proceeded to restart and boot into XP. I get to the login screen, enter my password, and I see my desktop for maybe a second before it restarts itself again.

The last reboot I just mentioned was done after I ejected the BF2 disk from the drive just to be sure. I haven't added any new programs or anything like that and I spend 80% of my time in Windows, here on the iMac, without this occurring in the past.

Has anyone had a similar situation? I realize I can just delete the partition if need be but I had some school files on the Xp partition which is read only, so am I shit outta luck in terms of getting those files off, if there's no solution to this?

The only thing that has changed would be the addition of a Glade french vanilla scented candle on my desk. Maybe my iMac despises the smell

Last edited: Mar 24, 2007
  2. Immortal1

Immortal1 New Member

i booted into (Last known good configuration), then Safemode where I did the System restore to a previous date, and then tried the (No Auto Restart after System Failure).

All with no luck. :wtc:

3. Immortal1

Immortal1 New Member

ehh, it just kinda took care of itself i suppose. i don't know what the fuck happened. when in doubt, restart 10 times and your problem may disappear

4. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

5. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

Why not use Crossover?