Bootable DVD

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DigiCrime, Jul 6, 2007.

1. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

Having trouble making a bootable redhat dvd Ive extracted all the ISO's into one folder and when attempting to make it bootable using software like power iso for example the feature for bootable is shadowed out, other software with these options either dont work or disk isn't bootable at all. I know you can download them in DVD formats now but want to make multiple copies and im on a slow connection so downloading is kinda a headache

2. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

don't extract the ISO. If you have Nero, you want to "burn image to dvd", select the ISO, and it will be bootable

3. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

One ISO yes, but there are for example 5 downloaded ISOs that didnt come in DVD format at the time so I want to make a few copies on DVD basically one bootable ISO from 5 ISOs. Saves me from having to spend few hours a day to download the DVD ISO format lol

For example I have all these ISOs want to make them all DVDs now:
    CentOS 3.4/4/5
    Fedora 1-6
    Redhat 9
    SuSE 10.1 and 10.2

At the time my 1U server only had a CD rom in it so I had to get the regular ISOs but I want to place them all on DVD now for space reasons, some of the Cds are scratched now need to be replaced etc

thanks

4. jvinsepa

jvinsepa IT Crew, Corvette crew

you need to open one of the ISOs that was originally bootable (probably only disc 1), and extract the boot image (action>boot>save boot information in poweriso) to your hard drive. Then make an image with all 5 discs consolidated into it, and go to the action>boot>add boot information menu and point to that extracted image.

5. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

thanks

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  6. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

Hmm well that kinda worked its asking for the second disk so I guess the boot info is based on whatever the ISO you use so boot info for disk one is for disk one so I need to get a DVD ISO anyway and get the bif file from that Im guessing, Ill look at my other dvd isos see what i can find think I got debian as well on dvd

7. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

most distros have DVD images now, why don't you just d/l the new ones? do you have a special requirement for the older versions?

8. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

Not specifically no but some web panels only support certain versions so im building a portfolio/support site im not on a very fast connection either to lazy to redownload them all