Boot Screens (AHHH!)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 240 KA-T, Feb 1, 2004.

1. 240 KA-T

240 KA-T New Member

:rant2:

GRRRRR

These things are driving me crazy. The only place that seems to have them is themexp.org and their page is SOOO slow that sometimes it will say link not found so you have to click it like five times until it registers, then 90% of the boot screens give you a pink page saying that the .zip you wanna DL is non-existent!!!

Anyways, I am having the most awful time getting a boot screen. I would replace the file in system32 folder in safe mode but nothing would happen regardless. Now I have a fucked up boot screen of this chick that has fucked up colors and the progress bar is not in the right position. ThemeXP sucks, BootXP sucks. WTF am I supposed to do I cant even get my normal one back!

2. 01000101

01000101 New Member

i had a boot screen for a while. after i reformated/reinstalled, i was going to add it again, but since youre fugging with the kernel... :eek3:

i messed shit up and it wouldnt boot. had to do some recovery console shenanigans i dont know that i could repeat if i wanted to.

i dont have an answer to your question, thats the only site that i know of, just posting a warning :cool:

3. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

If have the XP CD you should be able to get it of their :o