Boot Camp + Win7 64Bit Woes

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by idmcore, Jun 13, 2009.

1. idmcore

idmcore New Member

Well, I have run into the whole issue with install DVD's of 64 bit win7 that cannot boot on MBPs that aren't unibodies.

Has anyone made a workaround for this just using OS X?

I'm about to install 32bit windows 7 just so I can complete this workaround:

jowie.com/blog/post/2008/02/24/Select-CD-ROM-Boot-Type-prompt-while-trying-to-boot-from-Vista-x64-DVD-burnt-from-iso-file.aspx

"1.

Select CD-Rom Boot Type:_"

Essentially, I'd like to know if anyone's got a good set of settings in toast that will make this iso9660 compatible with the 32bit efi on my MBP. I'll probably just do the hour or two of work i'll take to get the 32bit version installed, do the workaround to burn a new 64 bit DVD and then reinstall windows. eh.

2. idmcore

idmcore New Member

Got it figured out yesterday. If anyone needs this seeded somewhere, i've got a 32bit EFI bootloader wrapped windows 7 x64 DVD for 64bit compatible macs. (read, all core 2 duo MBP's and newer whitebooks before the unibody)

3. snoozeallday

snoozeallday OT Supporter

Cant you install via usb thumb drive?

4. idmcore

idmcore New Member

Don't own a flash drive that big (just a shitload of 1/2gb CF's), so I didn't check. I read a lot of things about it not working, so I didn't get a drive :(