Boot camp just flipped a shit on me

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by manchild, Nov 26, 2006.

1. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

I am only installing windows xp to play counterstrike. I went ahead with the install, everything went well. Then I put in the boot camp drivers CD that I burned, and I installed the updates. I would get the "The following driver has not be registered with an XP logo, continue?" and I said continue, because thats what the boot camp guide said to do. So, after doing that like 15 times, it said there was a major error, automatically shut down, and when it restarted there is no keyboard or mouse support, and the only button that works is the power button. Its on a macbook pro, and the internal and external keyboard/mouse don't work.

Any ideas? Should I just reinstall it? I know xp sucks dick, but I get bored easily and I want to play CS.

ibIgetlotsofhateforinstallingXPinthefirstplace

2. Dysfnctnl85

Dysfnctnl85 IT/Apple/Rotary/(D)SLR Crew

I would just reinstall it. That would be the easiest fix, no?

3. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

Alright, I reinstalled but had the same problem. So, I plugged in my USB mouse, which after about 45 seconds started working. So, using the usb mouse I went back and re-started the drivers installation (from the Boot Camp CD). After it did that, I then restarted and now it works. So if anyone is having problems installing XP on thier macbook pro, plug it a USB mouse if the trackpad doesn't work, then use that to re-launch the driver installer and then it should all work after you restart it.

4. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

Are you using the macbook pro drivers, or a copy of the drivers from a friend or something (which could be drivers for a different Mac), bc if you didn't burn the most recent drivers duing the boot camp setup for the MBP, that could be part of the problem.

5. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

They were macbook pro drivers.

Anyways, its all working now, however does anyone know if I can use my apple wireless keyboard in XP? My macbook pro is on an iCurve so its kind of a pain for gaming etc.