Boot Camp a little screwy?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by babygodzilla, Jan 1, 2008.

1. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

happy new year first of all!

ok so my boot camp is a little screwy i think.

first of all, when I go to System Preferences -> Startup Disk, I can't see my Windows partition there. So I can't do that Restart machine in Target disk mode or whatever it's called. Secondly, everytime after I run Windows, and go back to OSX, my clock gets fucked up. what's the deal? thanks

also. are the volume keys on the keyboard supposed to work in Windows as well? cause they're not at the moment. thanks again!

2. SuperCzar

SuperCzar Mac Crew, DSLR Crew

As far as the clock goes, mine has always done that, since the early betas. It's because OS X stores UTC on the hardware clock, and Windows expects localtime on the hardware clock.

There's a registry hack to change it in Windows, but I've heard that bad things happen when you use it? So I've never tried, and just update the clocks from the internet when I switch back and forth.

The other stuff is screwy... Dunno why.

3. fuzion1029

fuzion1029 New Member

volume keys should work if you use the mac drivers disk you were supposed to make from the boot camp assistant in OSX. It does other stuff too like makes iSight work, adjust brightness of built in displays, bluetoofs, etc.

4. hellsspawn

hellsspawn New Member

does vmware run like parallels? where they run simultaneous? does it support direct x?