MIL BOLC II

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by MumblingJoe169, Nov 16, 2007.

1. MumblingJoe169

MumblingJoe169 New Member

This shit is honestly the gayest training I've done, and I've been in for 7 fucking years.
    For those not in the know, BOLC stands for Basic Officer Leadership Course or some shit like that. BOLC I is your commissioning source(ROTC, West Point, OCS) BOLC II is this gay ass course you attend for 7 weeks, then BOLC III is what used to be known as the Officer Basic Course(FA OBC, Infantry OBC, Armor OBC, etc..)
    This training is pointless. Unlike Marine TBS, this course accomplishes nothing in honing, developing, or establishing leadership skills. Its supposed to intergrate people of different branches to work together and all that shit, but it doesn't even matter cause no one here is branch qualified anyways. We are all just a bunch of dipshit 2LTs who are being treated like a bunch of dipshit E4s.
    It wouldn't even bother me if they did treat us like privates, or actually held us to the level of responsibility of our rank and treated us like officers. Instead they give us some freedom, but then do stupid shit like they've done to me the last two days.
    I'm doing CQ all night with no day off tomorrow because I failed to empty the wastebasket behind the CQ desk, which was never briefed as being a requirement of CQ.
    Yesterday I had a book taken away, 'One Bullet Away', because it was not an army manual or on the Chief of Staff's reading list. And I got told I shouldn't be reading Marine Corps books anyways. I was also told my hair wasn't to the commanders standard(not the Army standard, which I am WAYYYYY within, but the commanders 82nd airborne faggotry hair).
    Fuck this place, its like a shitty summer camp. Yay shooting range, Yay Land Nav, Yay combatives, Yay FOB operations. Basically, they are wasting my time teaching me shit I already learned in ROTC or could learn in 3 days upon arriving at my unit.

If they wanted to make a Pogue school, then they should have left my fucking name off of it. Im gonna take a shit in the CQ wastebasket before the night is over

2. MumblingJoe169

:greddy: rant

im not even mad about it. I have my trusty coffee machine brewing all night.
    Fuck this place though. Seriously. I can't wait to go across Ft. Sill to the arty school already. Im excited to learn how to be a field artillery officer. Not so excited to have a class on how to put a CCO on my M4

3. Immortal1

Immortal1 New Member

i had heard it was bad, like extended ldac/ocs but the way you describe it...it seems very :greddy:

still in squadbays? :squint:

4. MumblingJoe169

we have like 3 or 4 LTs to a room. Somewhat cramped but still comfortable. Shit, we can have alcohol in our rooms, we have Lts that are sleeping with female LTs in their rooms, and we have people doing all sorts of stupid shit. But the shit they punish is the trashbasket, what im reading for my own professional development, and not placing a comma where it needed to be on my DA 31.

Another gay BOLC II story, we were granted permission for a 4 day pass for thanksgiving. I was gonna flight home. We had 3 weeks advance on this. Turned it in, got the DA 31 kicked back. Why? Because they wouldn't specify how we should fill it out, just that we filled it out wrong. So we'd correct one thing, only for them to kick it back on another thing. After a week and a half of this game, they put out how they wanted it filled out and everyone got theirs approved. Well, didn't do me alot of good since flights had gone up nearly 400 dollars. Thanks BOLC II cadre, you guys are awesome. Im gonna spend thanksgiving with other fucked over lieutenants running drunk and naked with a raw turkey pulled over my head

5. MumblingJoe169

another pearl. Apparently they are planning to start bringing WOCS graduates here. In my limited encounters with them, they dont seem like the kind of guys that want to bother with the kind of gayness that this school produces.
    An extension of LDAC would be pretty accurate

6. rat

rat New Member

:ugh: butterbars = private but with twice the pay and others actually have to listen to them

7. Drunk Bastard Audio

Drunk Bastard Audio New Member

lol...BOLC II is the biggest waste of money...it was like Diet OCS lite.

8. MumblingJoe169

yea thats the only difference. Nothing to do with the average age being about 4+5 years older, having a college degree, having done OCS or 2-4 years of military school or ROTC, having gone through 6 weeks of BOLC II bullshit, and for me another 17 weeks of FA OBC. Nevermind the fact that when I get into my unit, unlike a private, i wont just be getting assigned some TA-50, but also all the platoons equipment and the lives of the men in the platoon falling under my responsibility. Oh and theres that whole thing that while most of my E-4s and below are already into their 2nd 6 pack playing HALO I'll prob still be doing paperwork at work.
    But yea, this is just like when I was a private but with a different LES. Fucktard.

9. Drunk Bastard Audio

lol...ewch.

10. MumblingJoe169

Its Marine TBS Lite really. Hey lets have a pre-job training school where we can put everyone together. Difference is LTs get their branches at TBS and its like 6 months long. This is 6 weeks long and we just want to get to our fucking job training already and get the fuck out of this gayness. Its not hard, doesn't suck, isn't challenging. Its just gay. Exactly like LDAC without the important evals.

11. MumblingJoe169

I honestly just get tired of those private references from people who are trying to bring down expectations of themselves or trying to make themselves seem like we are just a bunch of retards. Some of these guys are new to the military, some of them really are fucking retarded, but they don't get to their units with the same level of experience as a private, so don't act like they are one.
    I learned to be an engineer in 4 weeks in 2000. If I were to go to EOBC now, Id be in school for 14 weeks. They must be teaching the same thing right? Maybe they just take alot of breaks for golf,polo, and cigar smoking.

12. Noah

Noah The things we know best are the things we haven't OT Supporter

BOLC II was the worst for me as well. I'd bet you have it at Sill right?

Benning wasn't much better though. I made it a point to slack off and do as little as possible. I was highly pleased with the Platoon (1st PLT, B Co, 1/11) voted me as lowest guy. We had the same issues that you described; LT's sleeping with female LT's and PVT's @ Airborne, drinking in the barracks, and a completely worthless CO paired to less than motivated cadre.

I think the best part was when the 88-Mike was teaching to how to emplace an Ambush. As a truck driver I am confidant in his knowledge of BEING ambushed; but not so much as setting one up.

Just rejoice that it only 7 weeks of BS training that you can completely forget once you get to OBC.

13. MumblingJoe169

yup. Im at Sill till fucking April between BOLC II and III. Then more for Paladin or Bradley FIST or both.
    Yea I love how most of the guys teaching me how to use my CCO and do urban operations are pogue NCOs that probably never left the fucking FOB. Or my asshole Cpt who everyone already refers to as Cpt Sobel.

14. Noah

:hangsheadinshame:

Thank God I've finished my training and am PCS'ing to Hood. Sign in today to start my PTDY :wiggle:

15. nadahonda

nadahonda Member

lol.... good shit...I'm just glad it's over for me...BOLC 2 was a good idea but bad execution. Could have sworn I posted a comment about BOLC somewhere on OT. I went to Sill as well... You'll start hearing rumors about how good BOLC at Benning is...Everything you hear is absolutely true. Like we heard that they were treated with respect...didn't get much reaction, then we heard they were getting a bunch of 4 day weekends...people didn't believe it...Then we heard they had Wifi and Big screen TV's at the FOB. I thought that was total BS because we weren't aloud to bring any electronics even though there are power outlets in the FOB. When I got to my OBC I found out from other LT's that went to Benning that everything we heard was true. You get more respect when you get to your OBC. I'm reporting into my unit and it's pure bliss. Unlike at BOLC 2 all of the NCO's and higher ranks are on my side and really the only people that are checking me out trying to shoot me down are the e-4's and below. The posts above are a perfect example.
    As far as BOLC 2, I was in Delta Co. My Co and 1SGT got removed from command after my class bc they fucked up big time. So I hope it's atleast a little better then when I went. Even though they never mention anything related to an IG. There is one, you just have to hold your ground and get his contact information. We were lucky bc we had about 13 JAG's in our class and I think that's why the IG found out what happened. Shit like taking your book is total BS. PVT's can read anything they want as long as it isn't a crappy magazine. I wouldn't go to the IG over this one event but towards the end you'll have a bunch of small events that are material.
    I honestly could write a small book about my BOLC 2 experience...You'll love the training at the 'U.S. Weapons range' They have all the weapons pointed down range. But things like the MK-19 and 50 cal. are fixed. You don't aim at all. You just sit there and pull the trigger. Completey pointless. The room clearing was stupid as well. I could keep going. If you wanna vent go ahead. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

16. RecklessYouth

RecklessYouth godamnlurker

:mamoru: it wouldnt be CPT Geist by any chance? I swear, your descriptions of your experience there is almost exactly what I went through back in Feb. (DA31 especially) I was in D CO then, but I have heard he has since changed companys so Im not sure. Having already done the whole BOLC nut roll, all I can say is that it teaches you like 25% of what it takes to be a LT in the "real army". The majority of what you will learn will come from just day to day on the job experience....and if your lucky, a squared away senior NCO to help you out.

17. MumblingJoe169

Ummm....is that you sir? :rofl: I will neither agree or disagree with the name listed above. He may or may not be the commander of A Co now. I may or may not be in A Co. :coolugh:

Where are you stationed?Branch?

18. MumblingJoe169

fuck yea, im headed to 1st Cav is April. Save me a seat.

19. Noah

May have room for a room-mate as well. Just rented a two-bedroom 1107 sq foot place today. Keep in touch.

20. Drunk Bastard Audio

hey hey....let's keep the names to a minimum for opsec purposes...

:o

21. MumblingJoe169

where at? like town or city or whatever

22. shiba

shiba Active Member

Do you happen to have a LT atwell in your class?

23. RecklessYouth

RecklessYouth godamnlurker

:rofl: thats too funny that I automatically knew who you were talking about. It was the same story for us, but the thing is, towards the end he "slips out of character" a bit and is actually pretty cool. Im stationed at Ft. Campbell, branched Signal. Hang in there, youll back in the real army soon and actually be treated like an officer. BOLC 2 for me was basically deal with BS mon-fri, then get tore up on the weekends, Im sure youve been to CW Scooters by now.

24. MumblingJoe169

i think i do, why

25. MumblingJoe169

dude scooters is terrible. Full of giant seadonkeys masquarading as women