MIL BOLC 2 going away again?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by raand, Aug 8, 2009.

1. raand

raand New Member

I have heard and read that the ARMY may be getting rid of BOLC 2 again. I cannot find a good source from TRADOC or something like that.

Anyone heard anything about it or seen anything in the news?

2. Gaunt

Gaunt blood for the blood god OT Supporter

we are told that november will be the last class. thats comming from battlion commander of the bolc 2 at sill

3. raand

raand New Member

AWESOME I am supposed to head out early in 2010 so I was hoping to not have to go to bolc 2

4. I will also be missing it but I kind of wanted to see what it was like.

5. Ninja

Ninja OT Supporter

Supposed to be gone for 2010. Going to be integrated into BOLC3.

6. nolecdt

nolecdt New Member

No you don't.

7. Gaunt

Gaunt blood for the blood god OT Supporter

i cant wait to be done with this bullshit course. everything ishalf ass. im just glad that i have 1 nco that actually wants to train us.

8. raand

raand New Member

I had no wish to see BOLC 2... It is kind of sad that I have been a cadet long enough to see it start and now go away again.

9. I've heard mixed reviews. Maybe those guys were just trying to stay positive though :rofl:

10. kazimer

kazimer New Member

i have heard NOTHING good about BOLC 2
    i was commissioned while it was in pilot stages so I was exempt

11. Gatsby

Gatsby New Member

I was the first official class to go through BOLC 2 in 2006. I can't believe this program already got nixed. Probably due to funding. The funny thing is, that all the pilot programs (2005) got money DUMPED into it. Generals made daily appearances. They had top of the line support.

Once it got approved though, the money got severely cut. I remember sitting on a broke down 40pax bus for an hour, while this SFC/Cadre was cussing about "if this was 2 months ago, this shit wouldn't be happening...blah blah blah".

Anyways, the program makes sense on paper, but in practice its stupid. Each OBC should be assigned so many combat arms officers (11/13/18As) who's sole purpose is to conduct the warrior task portion (obviously the combat arms obc's would be immune to this requirement). BOLC 2 caused way too many issues, when there shouldn't be any. 2LTs at parade rest for a damn SSG. WTF? Basically, an officer's first interaction with any enlisted is in a situation where the roles are kinda reversed.

Not to mention, almost all the BOLC classes got almost fewer follow on schools after BOLC 3. While all my buddies who went to OBC were offered all kinds of stuff (ranger/airborne/air assault). Just something i noticed.

PS: anyone remember when fort knox had a BOLC 2 school?

12. kazimer

kazimer New Member

I remembered that. THe pilot BOLCs (2005) were in the barracks right next to mine. They looked miserable all of the time. We talked to a few of them and basically they would spend 4 days in the field and then 1 day of recovery and then have the weekend off. At the time that sounded like paradise because the old OCS curriculm was hell :o

I met a few people that went to the knox BOLC instead of the one at Benning. Apparently it was "better"

Oh during my Engineer OBC time, our support NCOS (E-6 - E-7 ) said they would take an article 15/court marshall rather than salute, or do anything close to respecting us. I wish I had the balls/knowledge back then to pursue a court marshall for blatant disrespect of an officer, shit like that was uncalled for:hsugh:

13. Gatsby

Gatsby New Member

They still use those barracks for the LTs. It's horrible. The Airborne barracks are being torn down i think though. We didn't do the 4 on, 3 off thing. We did 5 days training, and then 2 days off (weekend).
    But seriously, a lot of the training was dumb though. What brand new LT knows enough to do hip pocket training?

It was cool though to do night raids with actual NVGs, smoke, pyro, etc... That shit was AWESOME!

The shoothouse with the god damn plastic paint balls is the devils work. And I refuse to ever do that shit again.

And that E7 is a bad ass...gotta take advantage of a new LTs naiveness, and ignorance. Yay for him.

If there is one BCT in the army that I think is getting shit right with discipline, it's the 3BCT at Benning. Look at this shit.
    http://www.hammerpao.com/?p=1109

14. raand

raand New Member

Got the official statement from ROTC today. BOLC 2 is done after this fiscal year. They still don't know what the training will be though. They are not sure what it will be called or how long it will be.

I have been in since 2003 and I have heard zero good about BOLC 2 happy to see it go...

15. kazimer

kazimer New Member

I really miss 3HBCT 3ID. I deployed with those guys. They have a mountain of soldier problems, but they lay the hammer down on those guys.

Nothing like hearing the Sledgehammer song every morning during PT :bowdown::bowdown:

16. raand

raand New Member

I just wanted to bump this to see if anyone who is scheduling BOLC right now is still having to schedule BOLC II or not.

17. JSin

JSin New Member

There are LT's sitting around at BOLC3 because BOLC2 is a no-go but it is still planned in their timeline. Hopefully they will reintegrate it with BOLC3 like it used to be, I think it was pretty good (last class before the change).

18. raand

raand New Member

any idea how much time they will be adding to BOLC 3? I am trying to give a time line to my employer

19. Gatsby

Gatsby New Member

Branch came down the other day, said BOLC 2 will be pushed to BOLC 3 AND your first unit.... ROFLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. CappyStyles

CappyStyles New Member

Uh. Lazy question. What's the pipeline look like for prior service enlisted ---> re-joining for OCS? Does having done PLDC/BNCOC/ect nock any time off of said pipeline - or make it less gay?

21. raand

raand New Member

No I do not think so I am pretty sure the officer track is a whole different world. I personally was enlisted until I joined ROTC and have to start from the bottom again.

22. Gatsby

Gatsby New Member

:rofl:
    No. All your officer training is basically WLC/BNCOC/ANCOC rolled up. At least for WP/ROTC.

1st year = Private/Maybe CPL
    2nd year = Team Leader
    3rd year = Squad Leader
    4th year = Platoon SGT / PL
    BOLC 2/3 = Platoon leader

23. Ninja

Ninja OT Supporter

Prior service (unfortunately) doesn't mean shit when it comes to going through the officer route. You just won't go through basic training if you go OCS. Everything else is the same. From what I've heard it's actually harder for PS to get an OCS slot than for a college-op.

24. Noah

Noah The things we know best are the things we haven't OT Supporter

Bad idea. No one wants to see what it was/is like.

25. JSin

JSin New Member

As it should be, the Army already spent money to train you as enlisted. Or, you already got out once.