Bodyfat Measurment with Machine Bolts and Amount of Head Sticking Out

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by LancerV, Jul 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

http://mb-soft.com/public2/bodyfwb.html

"Have a "normal" amount of air in your lungs, NOT having severely exhaled or inhaled. And then simply float stationary! Your friend sees (or maybe even measures) how much of your head sticks out of the water! If you do NOT float and sink toward the bottom, your bodyfat is likely to be around 13% or lower. If your friend sees TWO INCHES of the top of your head above the water, you are likely to be around 24%. If your friend sees about FOUR INCHES (essentially to the very top of the earlobes), you are likely to be around 40%. If around SIX INCHES (essentially to the earholes, and your eyes are above the water) then you are likely to be around 57%. You might see from the large changes in bodyfat numbers due to rather small differences in the amount of the head being visible, that this method is only very approximate, with plus-minus 10% being expected. It only provides a ball-park number!"

I bet Timber must sink like a rock

2. phyphoestilic

phyphoestilic New Member

U might as well look in the mirror and guess ur bodyfat. U'd probably have a better "ballpark" figure

3. xSteveO

xSteveO Guest

I sink and I'm not under 13%

4. Formz

Formz Hipster Santa OT Supporter

pics of you or ban

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.